lets see those old school / custom shifters.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CAM00823.jpg
nexus 3 gear... used a cross bar from a old cheap bmx handlebars as the stick.Head stem as the holder.And a vintage perfume or cane handle as the feature...

Here's a Hurst T handle mounted up on a Sturmey click shifter on my Evans.Got the T bar off ebay dirt cheap because it was stripped out.I had to notch out the inside hole to accommodate the the the wider sturmey handle with a jeweler's file.After using a dremel to cut off the plastic nob I was pleased to find a small metal clip which I then used to help mount the handle.After securing the clip to the bar with a smaller pop rivet and some more tedious filling everything fit perfectly.I then used my favorite fix all goop JB Weld and mixed up some extra metal fillings for extra strength.I let it dry for four days before even touching it because the hole was deep and the epoxy needed time to cure.She's rock solid and ready for powershifting:rolleyes:!!
002.JPG

Last edited:
Here is my Iverson three speed shifter on starsNbars for BO9.
WP_20140802_13_57_30_Pro_zps5f09f5a8.jpg

Struggling to make a proper fit of my nexus 3 speed on framework in front of seat. Anyone have some pics or idea to get me going again??

I made this shifter on the Raceliner to replace the grip twist cable shift on the Dana three speed. The handle is an unknown Ford column shifter and the linkage is fabbed from SS brake line, a small heim joint & clevis rod ends and various other home made mounting pieces.

100_7681_zps921334d4.jpg

100_7679_zps6d917e13.jpg

d72d0a4a-b26d-4754-9327-6368fd146f76_zps4dd1ab3a.jpg

100_7863_zpsf5e9cb8a.jpg

Last edited:
Long shot here ... anyone saw someone somewhere that made a stick-shifter out of a thumb-shifter ?
140.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back