LocoJoe's Recent Rides

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (Past Few Nights)

The Grand-kids along with a friend of theirs came by after school one afternoon this week. We all rode to the park. The Grand-sons alternated riding with their friend on the "tanjum" as the friend called it. Once at the park they spotted an apple tree and began throwing the fallen apples trying to knock down the better apples they couldn't reach. When we first arrived at the park they had all taken their helmets off. I made them put their helmets back on to protect them from the falling apples. Once happy with their harvest they started filling up the basket on my bike with the fruits of their labor.
P1030802.JPG

P1030821.JPG

Getting use out of my new grocery getter the Heavy-Duti
P1030897.JPG

aka_locojoe said:
Once at the park they spotted an apple tree and began throwing the fallen apples trying to knock down the better apples they couldn't reach. When we first arrived at the park they had all taken their helmets off. I made them put their helmets back on to protect them from the falling apples.
P1030821.JPG

I think that is funny :lol: :lol:
With out their helmets it would be a scene that must have happened many times before
What if Newton had wore a helmet? :lol:
Great story and pictures!

MplsCoaster said:
What if Newton had wore a helmet? :lol:
Great story and pictures!
That's funny. Thanks Steve.

Some photos to accompany yesterdays video http://youtu.be/yGFl2SNt5Wg

Boy wading Arkansas River.
P1040004.JPG

50s Ford truck.
P1030923.JPG

Bicycle tire tree.
P1030963.JPG

Grandma and her anti-ratrod. I have to admit she's pretty sexy, despite the skinny tires, carbon fiber and lack of rust.
P1030952.JPG

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (In The City)

Loved the video again. First off, I've been "into" turtles and studying them since I was very young, I use to breed eastern box turtles, but I've never lived in a place where there are soft shell turtles, so I'm really jealous of all those around you.

Next, when is harvest time for the tire tree and do you just have to throw old tires up there to knock the new ones down?

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (In The Country)

I was content with just sitting inside today but I forced myself to at least ride down the path to the park and get some fresh air. Once on the bike I decided to just keep going and rode the paths here in town and rode out in the "country".

P1040065.JPG

Not for sure but I believe at one time the elevator in the background held some record for biggest or longest. Don't quote me on that though.

P1040053.JPG

Pulled over waiting for semi and dust to pass.

P1040109.JPG

The DeBruce elevator that exploded in 1998. Photos from that here. In High school I used to run around with the guy on the roof (explosion photos).

P1040098.JPG

Near the dump/transfer station all kinds of stuff litters the roads and ditches fallen off of trucks.

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (Ladies Night)

But it's a backwards ghost photo.
You musta been doing the moonwalk!!!

yoothgeye said:
So did you kick the stroller out of the road?
Yes I did.

cman said:
Cool Ghost photo.
Thanks.

kingfish254 said:
But it's a backwards ghost photo.
What I think happened... My camera was in a mode where it takes multiple photos and combines them in to one.

Good pictures and story!
I have to kick myself sometimes to get out and ride and I'm always glad I did!
The ghost picture is cool, thanks for explaining how you got it
Do you get cheaper drinks at the pub if you ride a girl's bike?(i mean "step through") :lol:

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (This Weekend)

Thanks Steve. No drink discounts. Maybe we should work on that for next time.

Couple pics from riding this weekend.

Our favorite bar invited our bike bunch out for free bbq Saturday night. Snapped this pic of bike in front of the old NuWay building while coming back from the bbq.
P1040214.JPG

This morning we rode to breakfast and then after we rode and played around till it was noon and then stopped for lunch and then rode home. Around 25 miles. Temperature was nice although there was a pretty good wind. While riding we came across a combination cable bike lock someone lost. Luckily the combo was off by just one number so I could figure it out and reset it for my use.

Wife color coordinating bike and nails.
P1040229.JPG

Part of the wording on a sign along field.
P1040237.JPG

The "big ditch" looks much prettier in photo than reality.
P1040224.JPG

She is stylin and profilin!!!!
WHOOOOOOOOOOO!

That photo with the stroller on the highway reminds me of Raising Arizona!

Back