LocoJoe's Recent Rides

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (Flint Hills)

MazdaFlyer said:
Been thinking about trying some of the Flint Hills Trail myself. Good video. So is it all railbed? Some of what you were riding looked like double track and gravel road. Are there maps available showing the rideable parts?
Thanks Ed. Yes it's all rail bed. Anything that looks otherwise must have been when we ventured off the trail.

Here's a map http://www.kanzatrails.org/index.php/ar ... p-may-2012

We've now ridden 2 sections of the FHNT. Ottawa to Osawatomie & Council Grove to Admire. Those are the 2 longest sections that are open and ride-able.

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (River RIde)

Out riding paths in the big city today with my Mother.

New bridge on new bike path.
P1060916.JPG

Man with old Schwinn observing new dam construction.
P1060901.JPG

Man pushing Schwinn around new dam construction.
P1060903.JPG

Train bridge.
P1060906.JPG

wow... seeing the pics, looks like I rode the same exact path today when I got off work.

I trucked it up to Garvey, rode from Garvey park over to the parking lot at Spirit... would have gone further but the path wasnt completed. so I turned around and rode back to Garvey, then decided to keep going north.... finally turned around at the Exploration Place. Also broke the 900 mile milestone. Was a good ride, hope I can squeeze in another 100 before the snow flies!

Ratfink1962 said:
wow... seeing the pics, looks like I rode the same exact path today when I got off work.

I trucked it up to Garvey, rode from Garvey park over to the parking lot at Spirit... would have gone further but the path wasnt completed. so I turned around and rode back to Garvey, then decided to keep going north.... finally turned around at the Exploration Place. Also broke the 900 mile milestone. Was a good ride, hope I can squeeze in another 100 before the snow flies!
Ha! yes that was basically our route only one we started 15th N and Broadway and came south and one way. Although unfinished we did ride the Spirit section a while back. I'm curious to see how they are going to do the crossing at K15.

Man I dont get out enough.. and I live here

Great pics. Thanks for the insperation to get off my ....

Catching up here...
Your green bike with the brown fork and orange wheels sure looks sharp

Were you leading your Dad down the "primrose path" and making him climb around the construction? :lol:
First you make him change your tire then this? :lol: :lol:

Like the funky timer pic 8) Did you move the bike (backwards?) with your arms only??

I love riding at night and am doing a lot more of it now that winter is almost here
Been considering whether to get my MTB(100mm travel suspension) ready for winter or my lightweight cruiser (solid fork)
The suspension sure helps (less nerve wracking) when the pot holes and bumps come out of the dark from nowhere...
I hate riding the heavy MTB with all the gears and hand brakes though...

Thanks for sharing your pics
Steve

MplsCoaster said:
Catching up here...
Your green bike with the brown fork and orange wheels sure looks sharp

Were you leading your Dad down the "primrose path" and making him climb around the construction? :lol:
First you make him change your tire then this? :lol: :lol:

Like the funky timer pic 8) Did you move the bike (backwards?) with your arms only??

I love riding at night and am doing a lot more of it now that winter is almost here
Been considering whether to get my MTB(100mm travel suspension) ready for winter or my lightweight cruiser (solid fork)
The suspension sure helps (less nerve wracking) when the pot holes and bumps come out of the dark from nowhere...
I hate riding the heavy MTB with all the gears and hand brakes though...

Thanks for sharing your pics
Steve

Thanks Steve. That bike my current favorite rider.
Pic of the guy pushing bike not my Dad. Just someone I spotted on the path.
Timer pic... camera has a night time setting where it takes 10 shots and combines them or something. Pretty sure I wasn't moving though.

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (Redbud Trail)

Sorry about the miss ID of someone other than your Dad :oops:
Looks like a great bunch of people and toys for TfTs ride!
Great pics of your ride around the big city, like the full color tree one especially

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (The Package)

Awesome video, awesome package!

Your squirrels look different from ours.

aka_locojoe said:
yoothgeye said:
Awesome video, awesome package!

Your squirrels look different from ours.
Thanks. Are yours grey?

Yeah, we have greys, maybe yours just have their winter coat and winter fat on right now, our look leaner and less fluffy, and yours look to have some red on them.

We also have fox squirrels in some areas, I love those.

Nice video.... I bet that took a while to make.

And yes the good ol Wacky Shack, remember going thru there way back then when I was in middle school.... (1976 ?)

ndaway said:
Ratfink1962 said:
Nice video.... I bet that took a while to make.

And yes the good ol Wacky Shack, remember going thru there way back then when I was in middle school.... (1976 ?)
+ 1 except change 1976 to 1983 (mitch you old fart :lol: :lol: )
Maybe 60's for me...

Back