LocoJoe's Recent Rides

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (The Package)

Whacky Shack probably my favorite ride there.
BTW I somehow made a wrong turn and ended up there. I didn't intentionally trespass. I immediately left once I realized my error (and snapped a few pics) :D

P1070523.JPG

P1070585.JPG

Great video Randy! Cool pics also. That cotton candy truck would make a great bike hauler! 8)

aka_locojoe said:
Ratfink1962 said:
Nice video.... I bet that took a while to make.

Yes it did just like most my videos. Writing script, filming & editing... total probably 30 minutes.

I thought you still had Roger Seatstay on retainer? :D

Thanks Pick.
Ratfink1962 said:
I thought you still had Roger Seatstay on retainer? :D
For what he charges and no better videos than he puts out, I'll just do it myself.

Yeah park is in horrible condition. I didn't venture any farther than that end. Can only imagine what goes on there.
One other photo I forgot.
P1070529.JPG

Your video is really funny and good. Great music as always!
The pics at the amusement park are great!!!
Even with it looking kinda "ratty", there is lots of color to play off of
It's funny, I can imagine you setting up shots and posing :lol:
I try to do the same but with somewhat less success (and/or patience :lol: )

kinda sad to see the abandoned amusement park.

MazdaFlyer said:
Maybe 60's for me...

Ed... are you sure? I know Joyland opened in 1949 but think the Wacky Shack opened in 74, here's a pic when it opened (according to the Joyland restoration FB page)

561073_496643983680016_747967545_n.jpg

And yeah... that Cotton Candy box truck would be awesome to have. 8)

aka_locojoe said:
Whacky Shack probably my favorite ride there.
BTW I somehow made a wrong turn and ended up there. I didn't intentionally trespass. I immediately left once I realized my error (and snapped a few pics) :D

P1070523.JPG
[/img]

Found a pic of what the Ticket booth looked like back in the day...
189137_10150131099587233_4278314_n.jpg

yoothgeye said:
What exactly is a Wacky Shack? Like a fun house?

Yes, I think the official name is Dark ride... but it was a ride that had individual cars that held a couple of people, and it had a bunch of special effects that was supposed to scare or disorient you, strobe lights, black lights, things that jumped out at you, etc. kinda cheesy but it was fun. Great place to take a date and steal a first kiss! :wink:

Ratfink1962 said:
MazdaFlyer said:
Maybe 60's for me...

Ed... are you sure? I know Joyland opened in 1949 but think the Wacky Shack opened in 74, here's a pic when it opened (according to the Joyland restoration FB page)

561073_496643983680016_747967545_n.jpg

And yeah... that Cotton Candy box truck would be awesome to have. 8)
I think it started out as a Fun House and became the Whacky Shack as the Seventies came along. I remember taking my HS girl friend there several times in 62-63.
Not trying to high jack your forum LocoJoe...Joyland was a fun place in it's prime, especially the pool with the monstrous high board.

MazdaFlyer said:
I think it started out as a Fun House and became the Whacky Shack as the Seventies came along. I remember taking my HS girl friend there several times in 62-63.
Not trying to high jack your forum LocoJoe...Joyland was a fun place in it's prime, especially the pool with the monstrous high board.

Ah... yes apparently it was a Safari ride before they built the Wacky shack in 74. From what I read, the Safari ride was a one story ride thru attraction similar to the Wacky Shack. Also when the Wacky Shack was built... they actually raised the Safari building and built the whole first floor underneath.

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (Thanksgiving)

Looks like a nice ride and a great escape
My Wife has been cooking for the last few days and I've been trying to stay out too :lol:
Looks like you still have some nice leaves on the trees, ours are all gone
Went for a walk yesterday at 53F, woke up this morning to 1" snow and 3F wind chill :shock:

Back