Looking to get my OP Roller back on the road

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before the winter set in, I stuck my bike in the garage. I knew it had an issue, as one night while a few too many beers, my chain kept popping off and it appears no matter how much I tightened the back axle, when I peddle it will still move. Upon further inspection, it seems that the rear hub has taken a turn for the worst and the bearings are messed up, and there are missing ball bearings. I have decided that I slowly wish to start building this up as I am going to start riding bikes with my young son. I began researching replacement parts to get my bike back to ride-able condition.

The bike I have is an OP Roller that I picked up at WM a few years back. Aside form some rust, it is in very decent shape. I would like to start out with a new wheel set without breaking the bank.

Any points in the right direction would help, as I feel like a 12 year old pouring through BMX magazine, except now I can actually afford some stuff!

Hi dh,
I'm new to the site also. You're probably going to want to post some pictures of your bike as soon as possible so people can see what you've got to work with...

Back