monark "KRUSH" back on the road

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: monark "KRUSH" back on the workbench

First post on rrb, and I have to say Nice ride! I have scanned thru your thread numerous times now and this bike is awesome! I like what you have done! I have been looking for a bike for some time now and can't find anything at a good buy haha.. Too bad my stepmom won't let me build up the 40's schwinn in their basement.. Was her dads and she has to keep it for sentimental value.. But again nice!

thanks! hahaha, cant believe the starwars bike is on the front page and you like mine. hahaha. went for a ride again tonight snd everything is good. so lets hope it stays together for a while now.

aint an update, but more of a "well its all good"

002 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
yours truly back from a cruise with mah friend. . . . .

003 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
jerod!! haha. everyone is coming over thursday for a cruise down to the park. later rrb people :wink:

Yeah I don't like that ride.. I Like things simple yet catchy.. And the krush is that!! I love the dropped rear!! Awesome! I Think I'm going to use the idea when I build mine.. Did you bend your seatpost?? I like how low it sits. I just finished my downhill rig and need another project.. And the rat cruiser is it! I'm gonna rock flat black.. Paint won't be any problem since I paint for a living.

thanks! haha. the seatpost wasnt bent, but someone welded it in a long time ago, so its stuck. the support was cut as short a s possible and so was the post. i would love to be able to have a goosneck seatpost, but it wont exactly work so well. haha

the problem with doing that would be the size of the cut itself. it would take about hand an inch chunk out of my downtube. it really is a nice bike to ride and havent had back problems yet

Any more problems with the rear end extensions flexing and popping your chain? I know you had a bad link but was that the only problem you encountered with the drops like that?? Slick idea.. I like it a lot! Well done

never had a problem since i fixed the chain. ive ridden it pretty hard around our little dirt track and up hills and it only popped once, still dont know why. ive been commissioned to build a bike like this once but with taller bars to make it more rideable. thinking white and black with short ape hangers.

I've been bike hunting hard, an cant seem to find anything.. But I found a schwinn typhoon on craigslist about 2 hours away, looks like I'm taking a drive Saturday to pick it up and my own build will be on here! The frame looks pretty decent.. I may just leave it the way it is but polish it up and clear coat it.. I dunno. May be worse in person than the crappy craigslist pictures.. There is actually 2 that I'm picking up from the same guy.. The other is a 24" schwinn.. Frame lines similar to your Monark. I'm pretty excited to get he hands dirty again.

Back