monark "KRUSH" back on the road

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: monark "KRUSH" almost

wolfy said:
snydur said:
wll i rode it. hahah. alot of kids were asking question, and im racing it on friday against restored schwinn. two laps on the track. ive got a techer friend who likes bikes, and hes letting me keep it in his room after what happened to the last one. he said he doesnt mind cause it turned out great. sun light pictures in afew min.
One advantage of living in a rich neiborhood... No rich kid would even think to steal a ratrod mabye a haro or specialized.....
they stole my last bike. XD

Re: monark "KRUSH" almost

snydur said:
wolfy said:
snydur said:
wll i rode it. hahah. alot of kids were asking question, and im racing it on friday against restored schwinn. two laps on the track. ive got a techer friend who likes bikes, and hes letting me keep it in his room after what happened to the last one. he said he doesnt mind cause it turned out great. sun light pictures in afew min.
One advantage of living in a rich neiborhood... No rich kid would even think to steal a ratrod mabye a haro or specialized.....
they stole my last bike. XD
I can only think f 2 people that i know in hs that like rrb's

Re: monark "KRUSH" DONE

after hearing "he he, you know if you take the r off" so its just a nichname now. also a new seat.

051.jpg

052.jpg

Great ideas. That's a great bike kid. Did you enter it in the build off? If you did I'm giving you a nod. Your family should be proud of what you've done. Peace

now you need ganja sticker :mrgreen: im the first one to say if you took off the r.

well, here's a kinda update.
went to ride to the store for my mom,half way there i came out on a corner. waited for a truck to go, saw a car bout a block away, so i went, apparently they were going to fast (actually they were) when they saw me they swirved (toward me) and then back out, and kept going. well i swirved in to,pedal slammed the curb, and down i went. i slid for afew feet, maybe a yard. but thats about all you need on blacktop and sand.

006 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
not to bad, right?

005 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
yup, thats shot. i got a sprocket the other day i wanted to save. well, i guess not.

007 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
springer is pretty bad
BLOOD! not alot, but some

008 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
doesnt look to bad in this picture. but it hadnt started bleeding yet, and the rocks were'nt starting to come out. and yes, they did (honestly it was very gross)

009 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
also got rocks out of my hand. more here actually than my knee.
didnt even get to flip the guy off, or even see the car (it was a black fourdorr hatchback, probably a honda fit or something)
so, i guess im back to the workbench

wow, just noticed in the picture that the pedal is bent :( this will be a little longer fix than i thought, cause those are the only pedals that look good on this bike.

Re: monark "KRUSH" back on the workbench

Glad your alright :wink: I will never understand why people have to speed :? I've got metal pedals but they are 9/16 :(

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Glad your alright :wink: I will never understand why people have to speed :? I've got metal pedals but they are 9/16 :(
its kewl. my mom saw it and for some reason thats what she noticed (even before i did) and said she will buy them because she liked them to. but finding them will be half the fun. hahah. ended up going to urgent care, there was to much stuff in my knee. i had a gas big enough for stiches, but because the cut it so big, theres no place to really stich onto. peroxide (burns) and some cleaning. then afew bandages.

krash 001 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
thats not a good sign

krash 002 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
worse

krash 008 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
well, i didnt really take any pictures of the rebuild. but i painted some stuff, cleaned some stuff up, you know.

krash 009 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
and we kicked it by the pool. water was good, sun was hot, and my bike was rolling again, ill call it a good day :D

knee has a gnarly scab from road rash

also the neighbor used a press to straighten the pedal stud. its still not perfect, and the pedal didnt go together perfect, but its working (has a little squeak) thanks jake! my neighbor

krash 011 by andrew snyder, on Flickr

annnd heres the backside of the sprocket. the second grease ring is actually a gouge from hitting the bearing cup and thrashing it. so the cup got changed to.

its a 46 tooth. im going to see if i can straighten it, but so far its not looking good.

its been afew days now and havent had any problems. the rear axle was bent so it got replaced yesterday. took it round the block and nothing. it was pretty good to be back on. as for my leg. . .well it aint as pretty. went to the doctors and it had an infection (great) so off with the scab! (there really isnt a sick smiley) sprayed with some magic juice, and wrapped it up. its me so the wrap was of the next morning, and not it looks jank, but its not hurting or bleeding. ankle hurts like a female dog though, but cant do much about that since its not really attached to my foot, which is another story. so i guess were all okay, going to put some new pedals on this weekend. oh! good news though! new axle=brakes! SCOOOOORE!!!!

so i found an orange bottle cap.

033 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
probably going to fill in the kickstand hole with this.likely just ride it for a while though

Back