Next build off………

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Class two for me also, exactly what is still up in the air.

Blue Tiger of Fujian, William Rebsamen.jpg

Only for rebuilt and refurbished original muscle bikes or accurate reproductions that represent “genre-correct” muscle bikes.

I'm in Class Two since my build is not an original Muscle Bike. It is a Schwinn and I'm thinking you guys will dig it.
We're going to need a definition of "original muscle bike" before the contest starts, or this will get contentious. I don't know what class my bike is

Must meet at least 2 of the following 3 criteria to be considered a Muscle Bike:

1. Rear tire larger than the front. (Wider or taller or both)
2: Banana/Polo seat
3: Muscle bike appropriate bars
(Apes, mini apes, Butterfly, Rams Horns, steering wheels, or any other weird variants, etc)

You CAN have all 3!!

• Start a new thread in the forum’s Build Off section and use the bike name as the post “Subject/Title.” Keep a running journal in your thread about your build. This is a build off, not a bike show. Any bikes built prior to or not documented are not eligible
  • Must include before, progress, and finished photos (all in one thread please)
  • Bikes must be ride-able and pedal powered.
  • The Build Off will begin at 12 am North American Central Time on 9/1/23 and Final finished bike photos must be posted in the “Finished Bikes” thread by 12 noon North American Central Time 11/30/23
  • Any questions about the build off must be submitted in the discussion section.
  • Please be courteous to others and do not fill their build journals with off-topic posts. If it continues after a moderator warning, your account will be nuked.

This whole competition is all in good fun. The whole point is to be creative, build something cool and have fun!

Class 1: Super Stock/Mild Custom: Only for rebuilt and refurbished original muscle bikes or bikes that represent the true nature of muscle bikes utilizing a stock frame. Only minor frame changes are allowed (cutting off tabs, etc)
This is more of a paint, shine, resto, mod for the bolt on builder
Extensive frame mods may be moved into class 2

Anything that bolts on, including forks, can be modified as much as you want.

Class 2: Super Modified, no holds barred, stretch, slam, built from scratch, do what you want as long as it is ridable and meets Rule #1

Multiple entries from one builder are allowed, but they must have their own build threads and be entered for voting separately
Class 1 sounds like it doesn't need to originally be a muscle bike, as long as the frame isn't modified to any great extent.

Trike rear axle is all packed up and on it's way towards me🤗
View attachment 245535
The trike parts arrived today (didn't unpack them yet, they are still in the trunk of my car).
On Sunday I will take a look at this nice bike:
Screenshot_20230816-170308.png

I think that could be tweaked into a nifty muscle trike...😜

Very interesting 🤔
That was exactly my first thought when I saw it. It's been built within a small series by the uncle of the seller. I'll get to test ride it on Sunday.
Then I will see if it fits...

Back