Next build off………

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone done a muscle flavored tall bike?
1692325288957.png

1692325311557.png

Who’s building a swing bike this time around?

😆
I previously gave that some thought, as my entry will be a pieced together frame for two to ride. Then I thought: Can two people ride in the same ambulance?

Is there a difference between a "muscle Bike" and a "Dragster"??? I always thought Dragsters were Dragsters, rear wheel bigger than the front, in fact the term "muscle Bike" ive only ever heard from you guys on here!, in Australia they are called Dragsters! any muscle bike just has to look really fat squat n tuff! thats here though! maybe its hemishpere specific! What do they call them in Europe?
In the German speaking part of Europe we used to call them "Bonanza Rad"

Is there a difference between a "muscle Bike" and a "Dragster"??? I always thought Dragsters were Dragsters, rear wheel bigger than the front, in fact the term "muscle Bike" ive only ever heard from you guys on here!, in Australia they are called Dragsters! any muscle bike just has to look really fat squat n tuff! thats here though! maybe its hemishpere specific! What do they call them in Europe?

In the German speaking part of Europe we used to call them "Bonanza Rad"

Great example why the labels and pigeon holing doesn’t ring true in all cases. Muscle might apply to a lot of US folks but it may mean something completely different across oceans and borders

Makes me happy the 2 of 3 exists and allows more inclusiveness

RRB…….knocking down walls and promoting global relations 🤣

Were all of the XR7s gold?

I would think class 1,

2 of 3 rule
Yes all were that iconic coppertone, Schwinn did change the name of the color a couple times thru the models but they all look the same to me. Probably changed suppliers or something... I think XR5s or early XR6s were also available in that classic Schwinn green, but these later ones were always copper. Early XR's had the big sprocket with the big holes too and an original seatpost from any of them will stand up to any 300 pounder!
As far as class 1 meh, I've always been an advocate of class 2 and even though I could loophole my build into class one's rules, I know it's not a pure muscle bike. I'll probably hang with the chop shop guys in class 2. Because it really is more about the process and I'm still contemplating what my drivetrain can do.

Last edited:
Back