Next build off………

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Define ape hanger… tall bars ? If they are laying down are they still considered ape ?
IMG_1912.jpeg

Exact rule set is still TBD but basically something with knobbies. Klunker, big boy bmx, gravel, mtb
Would be cool to devise an Off Road vs Skinnies contest... two classes, vote for a champion in each, and then the winners duke it out for the ultimate supremacy in a final vote

So I think i've heard from several folks publicly and privately that will probably be down for the off road buildoff when the time comes.

• Offroad inspired build
    • Must have knobbies
    • Klunker, MTB (retro or modern), gravel, etc......
      • Do we include BMX?
@Pondo @Otto (Spelled Backwards) @Karate Chicken Industries @MattiThundrrr @ingola @Lowe Beau @radnadnev @Pedalfreak @GTHOtrod @Son of Kradus @BartRidesEternal @RustyGold @OddJob @Mr. Monkeyarms @metalchewy

The question then is, do we have another category to accompany?

• Skinny was super popular and a lot of fun last time around
    • Tire width restrictions and that's it
      • Get crazy creative!
@GuitarlCarl @Jude Ephesus @ifitsfreeitsforme @deorman (< you know you want to) @horsefarmer

Just looking for ideas and some discussion

So I think i've heard from several folks publicly and privately that will probably be down for the off road buildoff when the time comes.

• Offroad inspired build
    • Must have knobbies
    • Klunker, MTB (retro or modern), gravel, etc......
      • Do we include BMX?
@Pondo @Otto (Spelled Backwards) @Karate Chicken Industries @MattiThundrrr @ingola @Lowe Beau @radnadnev @Pedalfreak @GTHOtrod @Son of Kradus @BartRidesEternal @RustyGold @OddJob @Mr. Monkeyarms @metalchewy

The question then is, do we have another category to accompany?

• Skinny was super popular and a lot of fun last time around
    • Tire width restrictions and that's it
      • Get crazy creative!
@GuitarlCarl @Jude Ephesus @ifitsfreeitsforme @deorman (< you know you want to) @horsefarmer

Just looking for ideas and some discussion
I would say include BMX as well.

I think that we shouldn't include a knobby requirement. There are soooo many good BMX tires out there without them now. Sizes from 16 up to 29's. In the groups i ride with, I've seen plenty of PK Big Rippers on the trail without knobbies.

Back