Orange bike rebuild

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Solid stock on the forks and rear triangle. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Looking good, I like the stance with the new fork.

I used the 1'' tubing I had left over from the red and silver build on the fork legs . I got a little scared of the thickness and then drove some of that 5/8ths black pipe into both of them. Maybe overkill, but they arn't bending . May be a little heavy , but this thing is going to be a tank anyway. :shock:

the only thing i dislike is the flame tread tires and I know they are by far the cheapest and most availible but too me flame tread tires have became the mullet of the custom bike world haha
I had a set I tried to grind off with a 36 grit angle grinder 4 hours one big mess and one ruined tire lol
but in your situation I would run them too :)

Hooch said:
man that looks sweet! how heavy is it?

All the parts are the same as it was , other than the forks I built. Its probably a little heavier than it was because I strengthened those forks. The rim difference in weight is very little. Shouldn't be too bad.

Hooch said:
the only thing i dislike is the flame tread tires and I know they are by far the cheapest and most availible but too me flame tread tires have became the mullet of the custom bike world haha
I had a set I tried to grind off with a 36 grit angle grinder 4 hours one big mess and one ruined tire lol
but in your situation I would run them too :)

Yeah I wish I had bought all the other tread when they were sellling them out at kenda. They have that ridge on the edge and don't round over when you stretch them out. I have made several bad choices in this deal. I should have bought 24x4 rims. They have a bunch of tire choices. I bought some of those Fatti-o's and was depressed that on rims they were 3'' shorter than a fat frank in 26. I probably would have been kicking myself for not going with the 26's. I have a choice of Endomorph or that spider tread monstrosity. Both are expensive.

ballroomwrecker said:
oh come on now Uncle stretch.. you're the genius around here :D

Ha ha , not even close. I'm merely part of the entertainment portion of RRB. With a little how too and why don't you ,thrown in. :roll:

Got my forks finished , and they turned out nice. I'm getting closer to through. Need to sand the paint I messed up , and respray everything.

almostfinisher001.jpg

almostfinisher002.jpg

almostfinisher004.jpg

Man I like those tires... Looking good on the build can't wait to see it after it's repainted. Are you staying with Orange? I think you should it's a great color for the bike.

:lol: Yes and sure enough at the time you weren't thinking "I should right that color down in case I need to touch up the paint down the road..."
I'm like that. I'll stand in front of the rattle can section and stare blankly for a long time before I know what I was looking for.

i also have a very bad memory. someone once told me a certain vitamin was great for your memory, but i forgot what it was. :lol:
i like the orange, but im sure anything you shoot on there will look great! 8)

Glad everybody is in agreement on the orange ha ha
Yeah Skipton it probably would have looked better with larger tubes, but I use what I have. i guess my fab guy could cut the holes out to 1 1/2 on another set. The only problem I could think of is it will cut down on the turning radius some with big tubes. May not be a factor. If it really looks bad painted I may have him cut out another set and change them. I'm getting pretty good at building them. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

After looking again at the bike....if I change the forks to real large tubes then the next thing will be the back triangle size is too small. Really needing to finish this one without redoing everything I have already redone.

Back