rELEVENt SETBACK.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fender definitely balances the tank in front. Bike looks good. Can't remember how the trailer ties in with the build? Unless there's some news you haven't shared on here....:wink1:

Fender definitely balances the tank in front. Bike looks good. Can't remember how the trailer ties in with the build? Unless there's some news you haven't shared on here....:wink1:
I've mentioned it before, indirectly.

Cool. This is actually the first CWC frame I ever bought. Been holding onto it a couple years.

My plan for this build is an everyday cruiser, with a slight race inspiration and a little extra on the side.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk
So that was my response to a comment back on page one.

07b8b9c470b4925b76af9548568a7e76.jpg

Hence the trailer.
Also, I don't think this frame is CWC. Could it be Snyder? Did I spell that right?

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

I'm going to try to avoid that, it won't have a rigid mount.
Nice just like the old Buster Keaton movies...
Pull the connecting pin and off she goes on her own!

Merle. :crazy:

Thanks guys.
The shape of the car gets me, I liked it at first but I think the angle of the front throws it off. I'll have to put it next to the bike and see how it looks, I might have to rebuild it.

I don't know Falstaff, I love the bike, But, I just can't see the sidecar complimenting the bike in this configuration. A crazy idea, maybe build the sidecar into a shape that mimics the tank? It might just be me, I guess seeing them together would help.

I don't know Falstaff, I love the bike, But, I just can't see the sidecar complimenting the bike in this configuration. A crazy idea, maybe build the sidecar into a shape that mimics the tank? It might just be me, I guess seeing them together would help.
Might be a good idea, I was thinking build the car with lines that flow with the frame; then paint to match the tank lines.

Then again, I have to make another tank to see what I think.

This might be the wrong bike for a sidecar all together.

I can totally see the sidecar, itll look like old motorcycle with a sidecar, those weren't shaped like the bike...but then again I spend half my time with pink girlie bikes, so what the heck do I know?!

Whatever you do, don't pay any attention to me or Dave!!:crazy: We'll both lead you astray! You'll get it figured out.

I think a pic with the bike next to it, so we can compare lines would be helpful. I like the idea, just wondering if the plywood is too 'heavy' for the look of the bike. I do like Big Ape's suggestion of a mimic of the tank shape....maybe your shell could be made from that vinyl sheeting that is pliable, or a tin that you could bend...

If I get a chance today I'll drag the car and bike out for pics.
OJ, I did think about using coroplast for the body. I figure if it works for velomobiles, it should work here. I'll still need a wood frame tho. I've cut the frame like I did to cut weight, I also have some lightweight material I could wrap around and coat in resin. We'll see.

Latest posts

Back