rELEVENt SETBACK.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's gonna be heavy made out of wood...
I've always wanted (and have ideas...) a sidecar, on a motored bike.
I've seen a few out of converted wicker wheelchairs, very vintage...
and pricey.

Carl.

Well it's gonna be heavy made out of wood...
I've always wanted (and have ideas...) a sidecar, on a motored bike.
I've seen a few out of converted wicker wheelchairs, very vintage...
and pricey.

Carl.
There's an old wicker wheelchair sitting in the garage at my mom's house.:39:

I originally bought this frame to do a motorized build, and now that I know a 49cc motor assist is legal in Ohio it'll probably get one in the future.

49cc, hmmmm. Sidecar will definitely have to be light.

Found this online.
030a683d7adff6bb0c89dea50899827a.jpg

Looks cool, but a bit big.

Also found this one for @Big Ape, just incase you ever decide to put one on your build.
f42a1ba0f5cfe0efa866dba36980fd5b.jpg

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

There's an old wicker wheelchair sitting in the garage at my mom's house.:39:

I originally bought this frame to do a motorized build, and now that I know a 49cc motor assist is legal in Ohio it'll probably get one in the future.

49cc, hmmmm. Sidecar will definitely have to be light.
YOU NEED TO DO THIS.

Carl.

Man, I love the wicker wheelchair, the whiskey barrel, and of course, the fighter plane!!
I have an old bumper car body hanging in the rafters out in my garage, but it is fairly heavy.

Love the wine barrel idea, I wonder if the local antique shops might have one.

Ted, if you ever decide to sell the bumper car body I want dibs. Would love to have an old bumper car.

I doubt I will ever let it go. I was going to build a trailer with it to pull behind my rat rod pickup at shows. Who knows when an idea will hit me, but I'll let you know if I ever need to move it along.

IMG_2088.JPG

I doubt I will ever let it go. I was going to build a trailer with it to pull behind my rat rod pickup at shows. Who knows when an idea will hit me, but I'll let you know if I ever need to move it along.

View attachment 24963
That's awesome.
I've been hoping to find a good one since I saw a guy make them street legal a few years ago.

I'm wondering if a smaller size might work. Like, somehow sleeve the tubing with a wooden dowel inserted in the tubing to reduce the width of the trailer. Then, what about a kids wagon box for your cargo area? Something metal, that you could make look ratty, and would have a more sleek / streamlined look. Just brainstorming here....

I thought about narrowing the frame, and was looking at some old bassinets this morning.

If I find a wagon, I'll use it for a go kart. But we're pretty much on the same thought train.

Went for a ride today.
Now Lancaster Ohio is famous/infamous for some of its past residents, not so much for fountains.

But we do have one, and we all know what fountains can do for your bike. Unless of course, your fountain has no water and you take crappy cellphone pics.
5fda0cb0cc71087b1a3a73b8b5da082e.jpg
b41b7346d06d726ad0bc0510abbfd2e9.jpg

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back