rELEVENt SETBACK.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some morning beach shots at Ft. Pickens on the gulf coast.

If the bike was finished, this would be a contender for final photo.
846497f6644c79b7f4fa6c339547eed7.jpg

ac83039e5e983823aaed65bb64d04eb4.jpg
10508c6954046f5dcb784882ea5bdcf8.jpg
16a9485e7618edbc8ff099a0d9f020e2.jpg
f730ec58844a90d509471c8ad1b18902.jpg

For the record, don't let the tide try to take your bike.
Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Now that's a big ole fountain!!!!

I almost like that 'silhouette' like picture at the end best of all. Hints of color, but that white sand background shows off all your cool lines. Keep it in your back pocket for the final posting....if just for nostalgia sake....

Hope your'e not getting rained on in the Big Easy like we are this morning.....

I almost like that 'silhouette' like picture at the end best of all. Hints of color, but that white sand background shows off all your cool lines. Keep it in your back pocket for the final posting....if just for nostalgia sake....

Hope your'e not getting rained on in the Big Easy like we are this morning.....
No rain today, but yesterday was a lot.
Supposed to be 3.5 hours from Pensacola to NOLA, it took 7. A lot of accidents on the way.

Not sure if I'll get any bike shots today, will have to see how it all unfolds.

No rain today, but yesterday was a lot.
Supposed to be 3.5 hours from Pensacola to NOLA, it took 7. A lot of accidents on the way.

Not sure if I'll get any bike shots today, will have to see how it all unfolds.
Wow. That sounds awful. I wondered if you were in that extreme area I saw on the news. Take care my friend, it's a long way to Tipperary ......

What a rat-tastic vacation! First Smoopy's and now Kingfish. Looks like some serious fun.

Thanks Chad, so far it's been great. Have a morning ride planned on a gulf coast island, then over to NOLA.
My wife's never been, I haven't been since ' 94. There's been ALOT of changes since then.
Oh man, I wish I would have read this sooner. I live on the Gulf Coast, and so does cherrydeuce, NOLA is just a 45 min. drive from me. What Island did you go to?

Oh man, I wish I would have read this sooner. I live on the Gulf Coast, and so does cherrydeuce, NOLA is just a 45 min. drive from me. What Island did you go to?
I thought the same thing after realizing that the route was somewhat close to me between Smoopy and kingfish.

Such is life.
We stayed at Ft. Pickens, just outside Pensacola. Then at St. Bernard state park, south of NOLA.

Was hoping there was a swap meet somewhere, haven't seen anything yet.

I'm headed to San Antonio now.

I thought the same thing after realizing that the route was somewhat close to me between Smoopy and kingfish.
Yea, see I didn't know we'd be close to you either. When I asked if you knew a good campground in south Alabama, I wasn't thinking about the north route.

Would have been cool to meet you and @Bike Bum both.

Some morning beach shots at Ft. Pickens on the gulf coast.

If the bike was finished, this would be a contender for final photo.
846497f6644c79b7f4fa6c339547eed7.jpg

ac83039e5e983823aaed65bb64d04eb4.jpg
10508c6954046f5dcb784882ea5bdcf8.jpg
16a9485e7618edbc8ff099a0d9f020e2.jpg
f730ec58844a90d509471c8ad1b18902.jpg

For the record, don't let the tide try to take your bike.
Nice backdrop!

French Quarter....nothing else has that vibe, or look....recognized that spot on the cobblestone and those doors. Favorite NOLA story...spent New Year's Eve at a fancy hotel in the French Quarter in the late '90s. Heard a great combo in the lobby with this dread-headed dude playing a 7-string bass guitar, the neck on the thing must have been 5" wide at the 9th fret. Massive hands, handled it with ease. Flash forward to Cafe Du Monde with my wife in 2009, we're listening to a jazz combo and I can't stop looking at the guitar player....it had to be him. Sure enough, during the break, I walk up, tell him the story about the hotel on NYE, and he smiles and says,"Yeah, I remember that gig. Thanks for coming up to say something". Then he introduces himself, "My name is Lee...." ~
what are the odds?

French Quarter....nothing else has that vibe, or look....recognized that spot on the cobblestone and those doors. Favorite NOLA story...spent New Year's Eve at a fancy hotel in the French Quarter in the late '90s. Heard a great combo in the lobby with this dread-headed dude playing a 7-string bass guitar, the neck on the thing must have been 5" wide at the 9th fret. Massive hands, handled it with ease. Flash forward to Cafe Du Monde with my wife in 2009, we're listening to a jazz combo and I can't stop looking at the guitar player....it had to be him. Sure enough, during the break, I walk up, tell him the story about the hotel on NYE, and he smiles and says,"Yeah, I remember that gig. Thanks for coming up to say something". Then he introduces himself, "My name is Lee...." ~
what are the odds?

I got a brother named Lee
Look just like me
He gotta lotta enemies

- Citizen Cope lyrics to the song "Brother Lee"

what are the odds?
That's a cool story.
I don't remember my first trip, mardi gras '94. But walking around there the other day, I remembered the smell. Horse poop, vomit, and pee.

Edit: you're right OJ, that roadmaster pic was snapped two blocks from cafe du monde.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a cool story.
I don't remember my first trip, mardi gras '94. But walking around there the other day, I remembered the smell. Horse poop, vomit, and pee.
Oh, and that's not a knock on NOLA or her people. Just an observation after 22 years.

Back