rELEVENt SETBACK.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was in Murfreesboro today, stopped by @Smoopy's. Great guy, cool shop. Was good meeting you.
Even got a pic with the Smoopy mobile.
8ba3d772f1a4c5612729213772dff19f.jpg

Went for a ride on the green way, snapped a couple pics.
7ea4cf1b023d50d8efcd61169c142107.jpg
68eb2b20da8439bbef6ce1cda914f992.jpg

Even saw a turtle laying eggs.
6cbef08b2918e5ecbbafe894eff7a24d.jpg

And after 8 hours of driving, I find myself somewhere outside Savannah at a campground, wishing my tent had A/C.
Tomorrow should be a good day.

My house sitter called just to let me know everything is ok, and she likes my neighborhood. I thanked her again for watching the house, but reminded her it's only temporary.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pics! Looks like you're creating some great memories with the new machine. Great idea to take it with you.

This is a trip I will make some day....hopefully sooner than later. A tour of the USA with stops at RRB builder locales....might take weeks....

Way t get around & see some country side on the bike & meet some members also. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, it's starting out great. Allthough I can say this.
After only two days, as much as I love tent camping. I'm missing living in my van for things like this, an R.V. would be awesome.

Thanks guys, it's starting out great. Allthough I can say this.
After only two days, as much as I love tent camping. I'm missing living in my van for things like this, an R.V. would be awesome.
Yup tent camping in the south during the summer is more like torture then fun . Im heading out today to Jacksonville for a few days but my little pull behind has A/C cold beer & a ocean view . It shouldn't be to bad ...

Yeah G, my tenting days are behind me. Slept on the ground for 7 straight summers and then for the first 10 yrs at our campsite. I prefer wheels under my bed these days....

Yeah G, my tenting days are behind me. Slept on the ground for 7 straight summers and then for the first 10 yrs at our campsite. I prefer wheels under my bed these days....
Yes me too the only exception is if I'm hiking & backpacking in the Smoky mountains I like to hike the long trail every other year but even then your in a lean two with a wood floor.

I'll be passing through Jacksonville today. GMatt, I use to live off the trail in Franklin NC.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Had a blast meeting you and your Newlywed on your US Tour! Great to ride with y'all.
Now that is a proper fountain pic!

20160611_104449.jpg

Great details on your build to!!! The tank and fender flow so well with the build. The ShockEase fork is cool and classy bare metal, and I am envious of those redwalls. It was cool seeing overall stance of the bike while you were riding it. Great build my friend! I think this is the first time since @LukeTheJoker 's Big Jim that we'll be able to follow a build off bike as it rolls around a country during the build off itself. Safe and fun travels.

What a rat-tastic vacation! First Smoopy's and now Kingfish. Looks like some serious fun.

Thanks Chad, so far it's been great. Have a morning ride planned on a gulf coast island, then over to NOLA.
My wife's never been, I haven't been since ' 94. There's been ALOT of changes since then.

NOLA perfect place to ride your bike. And get some great shots. I believe I remember fountains there as well....
Have a beignet and coffee at Cafe Du Monde for me....love that place.

Back