RRB BUILD OFF #5 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Double Nickle said:
I guess I trust in our members alittle too much with my guess at 82 :roll:
Guess I won't be PM-ing you for your mailling address. :roll:

KOTA said:
Double Nickle said:
I guess I trust in our members alittle too much with my guess at 82 :roll:
Guess I won't be PM-ing you for your mailling address. :roll:
you never know they could pull it out :lol:

sensor said:
oh!!! guest-a-mating!!!!
Said the sign on the door at Holiday Inn.

Twinkies.

and the magic number is...........57! :shock:
bighit said:
i dont know how many people will finish, but there are a lot of quiet build threads. i do think there will be some sleepers in there.
i sure hope so! :wink:

spoke card?

Wish I had a spoke card advertizing ratrodbikes.com, and maybe RRBs Build-off #5.That way when my bike is finished and ridden people would be able to know it was part of B-o#5.I'd buy one.Any other thoughs on this?

my guess is 2. i just haven't calculated to what exponent. :lol:

icyuod2 said:
my guess is 2. i just haven't calculated to what exponent. :lol:
You maybe right......Is a bike "ever" done?

Re: spoke card?

frameteam2003 said:
Wish I had a spoke card advertizing ratrodbikes.com, and maybe RRBs Build-off #5.That way when my bike is finished and ridden people would be able to know it was part of B-o#5.I'd buy one.Any other thoughs on this?

Make yourself one. Here's mine from the last build-off..........just normal printer paper, then laminated.

IMGA0323.jpg

IMGA0321.jpg

IMGA0318.jpg

Right around Aug 1st.

bean said:
by bean on Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:54 pm
stretch wrote:
hey, isnt that mouse from the graphic novel Maus?

It's Emile from the movie "Ratatouille"
ahh ye. now with that in mind, looking at it, i can see it.

Man I cant believe how much the site has grown in the last two years... I have not been so active lately ... just to much other stuff on my plate. But I can remember checking the new posts when I got home and there where always a page, sometimes two but almost never three in a 24 hr period... Now it seems like 3 is a minimum... Its overwhelming to just try and keep up with all the RRB 5 bikes let along everything else... Its great to see so much going on ... Makes me happy to see so many workin on bikes :lol:

Now if I could only find time to play more.....

in the dead middle of my build my ride got stolen...i figured id be out if its not returned but going over my frames i remeber a ride i wanted to build. I think i can get it finished in time but i need to clearify the rules. Is extending a rear drop out to go from a 20 to a 24 kosher as far as not changing the frame but falling uner the ability to weld stuff??? either way im gna start at it her this week but id like to enter it as this was my first build off.

heres the rules you should look at:
3. Must use factory frame....no altering of original frame structure
(grinding off fender tabs and cutting seat tube height is okay, just no major frame design changes).
8. Parts can be attached any way you wish (includes welding).

if youre not actually altering the frame, rather just adding onto the dropouts, youd be fine. :D
oh and this:
10. Don't ask a bunch of goofy questions trying to get around the rules...just build a cool bike.
:p just messin man, get to buildin!

Back