RRBBO16

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol I switched to the wire brush for safety's sake. Apron saved me again, if the cup hadn't gotten caught up in it, my t shirt and guts might have resembled your wrist. Maybe I'll try manual sanding...

If anyone is looking to build a battery, check out batteryhookup.com. I got the flat cells with individual BMSs for really cheap. Got enough to build a second battery for the e-kayak, too. Shipping overseas might be a killer, but maybe there's something similar in the EU.
Did you do your build yet? I bought 100 cells from battery hookup, and just about ready to do an 8S 24V for an old school currie ebike. Waiting on some 22awg wire to connect batteries to copper bus. Amazing value. Hope to go from 10 mi. on SLA battery to 80-100 mi range. These flat cells fit perfect in the existing battery cases.

Did you do your build yet? I bought 100 cells from battery hookup, and just about ready to do an 8S 24V for an old school currie ebike. Waiting on some 22awg wire to connect batteries to copper bus. Amazing value. Hope to go from 10 mi. on SLA battery to 80-100 mi range. These flat cells fit perfect in the existing battery cases.

No, I've been working on other stuff and not as much as I should, either. I've been working around the house, building a house-warming gift for my middle sister in between the constant rain or deer flies (which I'll take over the West coast's drought), and I'm a little depressed lately, so I'm finding it hard to care about building this when I really want to get this first YA book published this year and the E-kayak going before the summer runs out (constant string of issues with the PWM throttle setup and limited space).

Those batteries really are a great deal, though, and packaging is so much easier than round cells. The individual BMS/pack should make them a lot safer and reliable than a separate whole-pack BMS, too.

90 BUILDS

1626560804513.png

Last edited:
Probably won't finish in time, but I finally got the E-kayak finished and it actually all works (at least outside of the water)! Now I can put a little time back into the bike. If anyone's curious, I'll put something about it in The Other Talk.

TWENTY SEVEN DAYS TO GO!!!!
GET TA BUILDING!!!!!!

1628621181107.png

I should jump in and call it the Lyme Disease Special, since after a year and a half of unemployment, I finally find a job and get diagnosed with it 5 days before my start date. Or maybe I should call it the FML Special. Ya.

My participation this year may behind the curtain instead. I’ve offered to help pitch in with the voting polls/posts at the end of the show. I see others pitching in (hat tip Crash) and figure I should contribute something as well. Hopefully RRBBO16 won’t be remembered as “oh yeah, the train wreck one.”

Hey @furyus are you still up for this come time? Just curious as it'll be coming up sooner than most of us think

1629143932486.png

1629209856132.png

Latest posts

Back