RRBBO7 HYPE UP THREAD!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL BUILD OFF 7 "HYPE-UP" THREAD!

Once again the assumption is being made that a radical 'anything goes' type bike would neccesarily be the winner of any build off!

We all have our own notion of what a 'RRB' is, we can tell from the build journal as well as the finished product if it fits our personal definition, and then we vote accordingly.

Just because a bike has a bunch of appendages welded to it won't make it an automatic winner in my book.

Look at the car and moto shows on TV- there are a lot of skilled technicians out there whose taste is all in their mouth..... :roll:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Personally, I don't feel build off rules stifle creativity, I think they channel it, forcing entrants to really use their talents to solve Steve's 'challenges'- especially the 'themed' build offs.

Leonardo DaVinci was told by his wealthy patron specifically to create a representation of 'The Last Supper' featuring ..... and his disciples. I don't think it limited HIS creativity. Sure, he would rather have decorated it with prototype tanks and flying machines- who wouldn't? But I don't think he went around whining about it.... :mrgreen:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - -

A build off without guidelines is just another day on the forum. :wink:

I think that the must use a factory frame rule should stay, but minus the no altering part. :| I'm kinda interested in doing a little chopping. :mrgreen:

Nah, you don't have to do that :wink:
Rat Rod said:
After 6 years of doing this, I'm sort of ready to see what would happen if I unleashed this puppy. :lol:

How about this? :|

BUILD OFF RULES - READ THIS FIRST!!!!!!!!!!

1. You can only enter one bike in the build off (can change bikes once if needed)
2. Start a new thread as a journal and use the bike name as the Subject. Must include before, progress, and after photos.
3. Must use factory frame.... altering of original frame structure/geometry is okay.
4. Bike must not already be built.
5. Bike must be ridable.
6. Use any parts you like.
7. Parts can be attached any way you wish.
8. Don't ask a bunch of goofy questions!!!! :p

Im just gonna stay out of the whole mess.... Let everyone bicker and babble till build off comes along... Steve sets the rules... And I follow them without asking any silly questions.... cause the rules are purdy cut and dry.... Just the way I like it... :D

I will let you all decide what the rules are. I will abide by whatever is decided by the majority. Both sides have valid points! Ain't tellin how I voted though! :mrgreen: As long as rust is allowed, I'm good! 8)

Peatbog said:
So, can I start with a zebra?

Is it a factory zebra?

Hey,... THAT'S A GOOFY QUESTION!!!! :x
:p :lol:

I'm not so insecure that I have to break the rules or whine about them to have fun in the build off.

yoothgeye said:
I'm not so insecure that I have to break the rules or whine about them to have fun in the build off.
That's not the same tune you were singin' on page 12. :p

deorman said:
yoothgeye said:
That's not the same tune you were singin' on page 12. :p

Too bad my humor did not translate as I typed. This thread is for fun and trash talk, my build thread from last year attests to the fact that I am a stickler for the rules.

Re: THE THREAD THAT WILL NO LONGER HYPE YOU UP FOR THE BUILD OFF

New rules for RRBO7. Everyone votes for Jake and he wins :mrgreen: Peace

deorman said:
:lol: Just pokin' back. All in fun. :p :mrgreen:

I know, just clearing it up for all of those without a sense of humor. 8)

Jake Sensi said:
New rules for RRBO7. Everyone votes for Jake and he wins :mrgreen: Peace

I like that rule, just substitute my name.

I think Double Nickle summed it up perfectly last build off. I am using it as my sig line.

| ...... |
| ...... |
\ /.... \ /

Peatbog said:
Hey! Those must be the commies who stole the percentage point on the poll thread.

Look at the guy on the second row, second from the left, he's not clapping, he's doing he Vogue.

I want an old rules build off, but I am hyped up for whatever build off we have.

Maybe I will build a motorized build like this one.

oddrodsupertorque.jpg

Latest posts

Back