RRBBO7 HYPE UP THREAD!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL BUILD OFF 7 "HYPE-UP" THREAD!

Rat Rod said:
What would happen if I just made the build off "anything goes?"

Would it make that much of a difference? :shock:

I like the rules that are in place.

I also have no problem if a trailer would not be considered.
Just been thinkin out loud lately.
But I assume that a sidecar would not be a problem. I think there have been other sidecars in the build off before.

I'm considering going "anything goes" to avoid the 500 PMs asking me goofy questions. :lol:

It also might be fun to see what people come up with.

Rat Rod said:
I'm considering going "anything goes" to avoid the 500 PMs asking me goofy questions. :lol:

1234525508_ben_stiller_-_do_it.gif

Rat Rod said:

Cool, I was about to send you a PM asking if I could build a chopper trike that has a sidecar and a trailer and still folds in half like Fugsley!!!! :p :p :mrgreen:

Rat Rod said:

OK, so when you say "anything goes" I can just buy a custom made bike right? Can I have someone else do it for me? Can I steal someone else's finished bike right before the deadline and enter it as mine? Does it have to be a bike? Is it anything goes on a stock frame, modified frame, or scratch built frame? Can I get the t-shirt in a tank top? Can I sabatoge other people's builds? Cheating is "anything" right? ... ... ... "

:mrgreen:

I think if I had to build an "anything goes" bike, it would have to be an attempt to stuff the most complicated drivetrain possible into a standard diamond-frame bike. Like, multiple jackshafts/derailers, IGH, trike hubs, and possibly 2-wheel drive. Chains and shifters everywhere.

That would be sick!

If it's going to be No Holds Barred Death Cage Match Royal Rumble, I guess I have the right avatar.
WHoooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Rat Rod said:

I'm down with whatever! Just remember, The vocal ones do not represent the majority oppinion. :wink:

Well, I guess we can do an official "anything goes" build-off later this year, when we're itching to weld on something. I'm not going to do anything crazy until my trike is finished. Working on lining up a bike for the RRBBO7, I got plans. :) Went looking through the "Guv'nor-alike" thread for inspiration.

I lean towards the current rules.

No matter the rules... somone will always question... and someone will always complain.... Why can't we just follow the rules and have fun... It is not that hard.

After 6 years of doing this, I'm sort of ready to see what would happen if I unleashed this puppy. :lol:

Rat Rod said:
After 6 years of doing this, I'm sort of ready to see what would happen if I unleashed this puppy. :lol:

Make it happen....

Two rules:

1. Anything goes
2. Don't ask questions and don't complain

I'd like to see some version of the class system others have proposed if that's the case. Two classes - follow the traditional rules, for those that aren't in a position to build a custom frame, and unlimited for those that are...

expjawa said:
I'd like to see some version of the class system others have proposed if that's the case. Two classes - follow the traditional rules, for those that aren't in a position to build a custom frame, and unlimited for those that are...

This is probably the best way to do it, really. Maybe only give trophies to the top 2 in each category, so we don't have to come up with 6 trophies? Still would be a killer build-off, regardless. I'm cool with whatever.

I'd throw in the option, though, to allow everyone one entry in both classes, though. That way, anyone so inclined can go both ways if they have the time and resources. Maybe judging can be structured such that the same person can't win both, but I guess that would defeat the purpose. The chances of eveyone here picking one person for both are slim anyway...

Back