RRBBO7 HYPE UP THREAD!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: THE THREAD THAT WILL NO LONGER HYPE YOU UP FOR THE BUILD OFF

I just had an absolutely wickedly amazingly awesome idea for a build-off bike... and it would fit within the (stock frames) rules.

I seriously doubt I could pull it off, but man, if I could, it could very well be the most sickest evil RRBBO bike ever...

Well, okay maybe not ever, but it would seriously blow a few minds, mine included.

I hate having these awesome ideas and then realizing I probably won't have the time and money to actually build it. :?

It was brought up last year that a "bike frame" entered could be a motorcycle, moped, scooter, dirtbike, etc... It's up to us to make it pedal powered (or pedal assist).

Just some more outside of the box ideas.

OK, enough of my big "mystery" the cat is meowing too loud, I'm letting it out of the bag.

I have purchased 2 Jesse James West Coast Chopper bike, paid $20 for one and $15 for the other. Both are complete riders with rust, they are both chrome, I really wish I had found the painted ones. I will be building one of them into a olive drab military themed bike with the other being used for parts to make a sidecar for it.

Maybe this will get this thread back on topic.

This is what I'm throwing down, bring it.

yoothgeye said:
OK, enough of my big "mystery" the cat is meowing too loud, I'm letting it out of the bag.

I have purchased 2 Jesse James West Coast Chopper bike, paid $20 for one and $15 for the other. Both are complete riders with rust, they are both chrome, I really wish I had found the painted ones. I will be building one of them into a olive drab military themed bike with the other being used for parts to make a sidecar for it.

Maybe this will get this thread back on topic.

This is what I'm throwing down, bring it.

I have been leaning towards my Salt (or Salt Water) Flats Sidecar idea. It would be cool to have you to compete with in that genre, so you may have made up my mind for me.

I like the sound of your build and from what I can picture, it would be totally different from what is in my mind for my build. BRING IT ON!!!!!!!

kingfish254 said:
I have been leaning towards my Salt (or Salt Water) Flats Sidecar idea. It would be cool to have you to compete with in that genre, so you may have made up my mind for me.

I like the sound of your build and from what I can picture, it would be totally different from what is in my mind for my build. BRING IT ON!!!!!!!

Here's the specs, I will be builing a bike that is less than 10 years old and made in China. I will building something that is intended to be a chopper into something that was originally designed for utility/function. It has 20" wheels (or I might run the 24" up front). I am building something that some might see as a theme bike. All of these add up to an interesting build, but not a build-off winner. Once again, I am using the build-off and it's deadline as motivation to complete a project.

One inspiration for this was that many guys who were put on motorcycles in wars overseas came home and bought a bike but modified it into something different from what they were use to in the service. I am doing a reversal of this with a twist.

Kingfish, if you also built a sidecar bike for the build-off we would have ourselved a competition within the build-off, we could both be losers but one of us could still be a partial winner. :mrgreen:

I like your inspiration for your build.

What's this talk about losers!!!! There are no loser bikes in the Build Off!!!! When I look at 76er from last year, there is no way I think "loser"!! Maybe I will steal your flame fender this year. 8) . We may not win, but we won't lose!!

My Salt (or Salt Water) Flats sidecar idea keeps evolving in my head. I haven't decided the frame yet (I am leaning towards a 40-50s Huffman). But I know what the side car will look like (picture a teardrop rumble seat) built on the Cannondale kiddy trailer I have. I have some cool plans to mould one of my wooden water skis (maybe even the FULL length) into a super long lay on your stomach banana seat. For a true Salt Flats bike you would want to lay down but that raises a problem with reaching the pedals. I have some cool ideas to work around that with the drivetrain. The wood on this ski has some beautiful grain, so I may carry that wood theme elsewhere. I may also extend the Salt Water theme a bit, hence it might be more of a Sale Water Flats Sidecar build. I haven't thought much yeat on the forks yet at all. I have a lot of wheel/tire options. You might even see some Harley whitewalls.

Well there it is. That's what I am thinking of. We know Double Nickel is working with a Twin Flex. Anyone else ballsy enough to throw out what you are thinking of building????????

kingfish254 said:
Well there it is. That's what I am thinking of. We know Double Nickel is working with a Twin Flex. Anyone else ballsy enough to throw out what you are thinking of building????????

I'll throw it out there, because I seriously doubt I will ever be able to build it in time.... remember I posted my "dream bike" build pic a few pages back?
Notice the bike looks like a normal chopper from the headtube back?? Take an old chopper frame (an OCC would work) and bolt on a front swingarm extension, custom build a large front hub with the pivot inside it, and build the linkage to work from the original handlebars...

The extension would use two u-bolt clamps to attach to the wide bottom bracket, and the rear end of the extension could bolt to the factory kickstand mount, or another u-bolt over the bottom frame tube.

swingshot1.jpg

You feeling me?

FunkyStickman said:
kingfish254 said:

You feeling me?

Kind of a chopper based Bakfiets bike!!!!!!!

kingfish254 said:
FunkyStickman said:
kingfish254 said:

You feeling me?

Kind of a chopper based Bakfiet bike!!!!!!!

Yes! I would love to build a cargo bike chopper! Front box/deck could be removable. Well you know, I have been wanting to build a cargo bike... and why be normal? :mrgreen: Not too many chopper bakefiets around...

FunkyStickman said:
kingfish254 said:
Kind of a chopper based Bakfiet bike!!!!!!!

Yes! I would love to build a cargo bike chopper! Front box/deck could be removable. Well you know, I have been wanting to build a cargo bike... and why be normal? :mrgreen: Not too many chopper bakefiets around...

I'm diggin it!!!!! Kinda a cool version of something like this bike I saw in Copenhagen last year.
IMG_3276.jpg

kingfish254 said:
I'm diggin it!!!!! Kinda a cool version of something like this bike I saw in Copenhagen last year.

I love the Larry vs. Harry Bullit, those things are just cool! I can't afford one, though... most frames designed like that are $1500 just for the frame.

I'm thinking a hacked/welded OCC frame would be much cooler, right? I mean, I already have a good idea what I can do with one... anybody want to donate an OCC frame to the cause?

I've already got some ideas about the front steering, possibly could use a Sturmey front trike hub and an offset rim to get the pivot outside the hub, and use drum brakes.... hmmm...

FunkyStickman said:
I mean, I already have a good idea what I can do with one... anybody want to donate an OCC frame to the cause?

If you were local you could stop by and I'd give you one, but I'm not shipping a free frame. Sorry. :|

FunkyStickman said:

I have seen a bicycle like this, it's white, very sweet bike, but I can't find the photo online, I've seen it a few times before, maybe someone else will post it.

yoothgeye said:
FunkyStickman said:
I mean, I already have a good idea what I can do with one... anybody want to donate an OCC frame to the cause?

If you were local you could stop by and I'd give you one, but I'm not shipping a free frame. Sorry. :|

Send him a copy of the OCC Bike Wanted craigslist ad that you shared with me. By the way, I need those photos again.

yoothgeye said:
kram said:

That looks like the one I was thinking about.

It would be similar to that one, yes, but more awesome and less white. Think that bike with fat rims, drum brakes, and whitewalls.. and a cargo deck in front. Flames, chrome, and correct neutral steering. Maybe front suspension.

Maybe I could make the front cargo box look like a V-8 flathead motor.

OK, so that's your plan...

THE HYPE IS BACK PEOPLE!!!!

Who else is ready to share?

FunkyStickman said:
kingfish254 said:

I'll throw it out there, because I seriously doubt I will ever be able to build it in time.... remember I posted my "dream bike" build pic a few pages back?
Notice the bike looks like a normal chopper from the headtube back?? Take an old chopper frame (an OCC would work) and bolt on a front swingarm extension, custom build a large front hub with the pivot inside it, and build the linkage to work from the original handlebars...

The extension would use two u-bolt clamps to attach to the wide bottom bracket, and the rear end of the extension could bolt to the factory kickstand mount, or another u-bolt over the bottom frame tube.

swingshot1.jpg

You feeling me?

HEY THAT'S MY IDEA!!!! :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back