Shakedown (Pin Striping done!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Shakedown (Mocked up 7-2)

kingfish254 said:
Is that a Moon seat I see back there?
I wondered if anyone was going to see that 8)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Peatbog said:
The guy is a garage sale connoisseur. Of course he is going to see that! I'm thinking he needs to give a class and show us how to find cool stuff at garage sales. All I ever find is used socks and old magazines.

I hear ya Peat. I don't even bother anymore :oops:

mrflagman said:
Peatbog said:
The guy is a garage sale connoisseur. Of course he is going to see that! I'm thinking he needs to give a class and show us how to find cool stuff at garage sales. All I ever find is used socks and old magazines.

I hear ya Peat. I don't even bother anymore :oops:

You'll never find anything if you aren't there to look for it? There are plenty of Sat mornings that I come home with nothing. The fun is in the hunt itself. Just got to keep your eyes open and ask a few questions.

Thar's gold in dem dar garahgeez.

Re: Shakedown (A little more done..Too hot)

Here is a pic of my Moon Eyes seat. It's pretty faded, but it'll work for me :wink:
00110.jpg

Got my rack(truck bed) assembled tonite. Too hot to do much, this was all I wanted to get done tonite.
0048.jpg

A look at it with a few more parts added.
0063.jpg

Pics are a little blurry. had that big squrirrel cage fan blowing on me to keep cool.

Re: Shakedown (A little more done, too hot)

Nice :D Those parts are cool 8)

Now that's one fun and good looking ride.

Re: Shakedown (Mystery part used 7-9)

I though I could finally let you guys in on how I am using the exhaust tips. 8) I like how these are looking. I still need to do the front fender yet.
00311.jpg

YES SIR!!!
Now that is slicker than snail snot!!!!

Re: Shakedown (Starting the Truss rods 7-11)

First I had to show a pic of the Master Craftsman(my dad) :D
00212.jpg

This is what we started with for the rods. Yep...a huge nail 8)
0049.jpg

This will be the bottom mount.
0064.jpg

The top mount.
0082.jpg

And a look at the whole thing.
0074.jpg

Re: Shakedown (Started the Truss Rods 7-11)

Wait a minute, you made a truss rod from a couple of nails?

How big where the nails to start with???????

Re: Shakedown (Starting the Truss rods 7-11)

Ok, so nail is a bit of an understatement. It is actually a spike about 3/8" in diameter and about 10" long. We tried brake line, but it snapped when we tried to thread it. We looked around and saw these and thought "that'll work". :mrgreen: This whole curved part is one spike. Dad welded a piece of tubing to the end for the dowel to fit into. The pointed end id still inside the acorn nut. :shock:
The top mount.
0082.jpg

Re: Shakedown (Almost done 7-15)

Here is a quick look at the "nail" end of the truss rods. It will be hidden by acorn nuts.
021.jpg

Why would you hide that???
I would flash that nail end with pride!!!

I'm going for that cool vintage hotrod look. Gotta look all smooth and finished. :D

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

We got quite a bit done over the weekend. Looks like just need to tie up some loose ends and tidy some stuff up and Shakedown will be finished. Some progress pics:
My custom leather licence plate 8)
015.jpg

Nice side view. Got the mudflaps on both fenders
019.jpg

The truss rods are done. We also painted the head black. I think it looks much better.
020.jpg

Sweet classy ride!!!
Great to see another mega ape bike too!!!

kingfish254 said:
Sweet classy ride!!!
Great to see another mega ape bike too!!!

I was worried that it would be uncomfortable to ride. But just sitting on it, I think it will be pretty good. I'm 5'8", so I don't have a lot of height to work with. :wink:

Back