Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My super long project. Sorta lost steam on it but refuse to get rid of it. I do a little bit here and there. I have all the paint and interior to finish it, gotta get the urge again.

Pretty much how it looks today, but I have the body above the pan about to do some rust repair on rust thats come through since sitting.

bug2.jpg

Heres a older pic a buddy took of my garage before the van. My '26 Hupmobile rat rod pickup is in the pic. I traded it as a roller project for the Corvair, traded the van for a '63 two door biscayne, sold the Biscayne, bought all the stuff to finish the bug, had money left over and got a killer offer to buy the van back and bought it. lol.

pics136-1.jpg

Just for the heck of it, heres the Biscayne. hehehe.

216497_1757227610490_1232987858_31627130_4159320_n.jpg

Biscaynepics001-1.jpg

Biscaynepics011-1.jpg

One with the trailer before I stripped it down.

308922_2101242410645_1232987858_32008512_2085486393_n.jpg

Thats if for now. :lol:

Just now thinking about it, the way those 1 wheel trailers hitch and have the caster wheel, you really don't have to know how to back a trailer to back up one of those... that's cheating!

Yeah, their just a extension of the vehicle realy. They do swing wide on a turn so you have to be carefull. And you do have to set them up correctly or you get wheel wobble, not good at all, which is the reason they all have to be lower in the front, so the caster wheel trails and doesnt wobble.

newer toy...71 El Camino

524237_3561950407808_692693124_n.jpg

66301_4652092500679_9453811_n.jpg

401561_4652085900514_1657174533_n.jpg

417623_3530546102720_1616502950_n.jpg

we have been pulled over like 10 times about the hood but refuse to put it on (not cutting a hole)

it used to be mostly stock but thats not fun!
222070_2075009595217_7636726_n.jpg

225852_2074935273359_6136609_n.jpg

559263_4350681925603_1062834784_n.jpg

I wonder how many states have laws about hoods, and if those same states would pick on open engine compartment old hot rods?

How hard is it to find another hood you can cut?

Do you get a fine when pulled?

Roscoe Clyde said:
S5030238.jpg

S5030239.jpg

1970 F-100 300/3 on the tree.
Brought her home in 1991 and she's been my daily driver ever since.

Roscoe Clyde

Sooo great. Love it. one of my favourite pick ups.

man, looking through this thread makes me jealous. But drivin old us cars is unfortunatly very hard over here. everything's just too small, and paying the fuel would kill my bank account :)

yoothgeye said:
I wonder how many states have laws about hoods, and if those same states would pick on open engine compartment old hot rods?

How hard is it to find another hood you can cut?

Do you get a fine when pulled?
no we keep getting warnings...but its always the same cop

its not hard but getting the color to match will be the PITA its not like its a DD anyway so its realy not a big deal....

heres our other car...we got puled ovr alot in this as well
557221_4603140676914_490449288_n.jpg

almost forgot! lol my DD 83 Berlinetta (Z28 nose)

402310_4546431699225_973513744_n.jpg

and the car i sold like an idiot for the camaro....78 Accord CVCC 5 speed
552745_4307326361741_798004239_n.jpg

Onewheelsqueel said:
Not a regular poster on here, but Im a daily lurker. Figured I'd post up a few pics of my fun ride. Its a '63 Corvan (the working brother to the Greenbrier) a former South Western Bell van that came from Arizona about ten years ago. Its nice and solid, but will wave at you. Its actually the second time Ive owned it, and it will stay with us for a long time. The whole family loves cruising in it. Finally got to take it to a two day show about a month ago and actually camp in the tent trailer with my youngest son. The single wheel tent trailer is a '60s Heilite tent trailer ( I get into vintage trailers as well, particularly single wheel trailers, Ive bought and sold quite a few). Kevin

Vanwithtentandyak.jpg

tenttrailer2.jpg

tenttrailer.jpg

Cruisenighttenttrailer-1.jpg

Cruisenighttenttrailer2.jpg

Took the van and the '57 Sears Allstate trailer up to the local cruise night with a couple bikes as well over the summer.

vandowntown.jpg

vandowntown2.jpg

is there a strategy to backing up with those single wheel trailers?

Not like a usual trailer, it doesnt hinge lt to rt. It will swing wide basicly because it is so far behind the back wheels of the vehicle. So you have to watch it in turns as not to hit anything on the outside of the turn. If that makes sense. The wheel will swivel around in a circle.

Onewheelsqueel said:
Not like a usual trailer, it doesnt hinge lt to rt. It will swing wide basicly because it is so far behind the back wheels of the vehicle. So you have to watch it in turns as not to hit anything on the outside of the turn. If that makes sense. The wheel will swivel around in a circle.

yea i get it then its not like a usual trailer where it pivots on the ball on the hitch.
if you back up right, it goes right, where a regular trailer is the opposite

marcus84 said:
Roscoe Clyde said:
1970 F-100 300/3 on the tree.
Brought her home in 1991 and she's been my daily driver ever since.

Roscoe Clyde

Sooo great. Love it. one of my favourite pick ups.

man, looking through this thread makes me jealous. But drivin old us cars is unfortunatly very hard over here. everything's just too small, and paying the fuel would kill my bank account :)

Thanks. I know what she runs me on fuel here, I can't even imagine what it would cost you. She normally averages about 13 MPG.

Roscoe Clyde

custombikebuilder said:
Onewheelsqueel said:

yea i get it then its not like a usual trailer where it pivots on the ball on the hitch.

They mount at two points so they don't swing lt to rt, the pivot at the mounts allowing the trailer to go higher, or lower that's it. It stays in line with the body with no lt to rt flex.

Onewheelsqueel said:
custombikebuilder said:
Onewheelsqueel said:

They mount at two points so they don't swing lt to rt, the pivot at the mounts allowing the trailer to go higher, or lower that's it. It stays in line with the body with no lt to rt flex.

Found it, Now that is one cool ride and one cool trailer. Love the Allstate with the bikes at the end. And the Corvan in the HotRod Black is wicked. I was considering a rampside earlier this year in the same paint with red wheels.

Thanks, its a rat, not perfect but solid as all get out. Came from AZ about ten years ago, and other than some rain here and there and the last owner leaving it out some it was always garage'd since come'n up here. Its basically a driving project, but a blast to drive and gets a ton of attention. I can even haul my dad in his wheelchair in it, took him to Hot Rod barn's show last month in it Ill have to post some pics of him in it later.

Love the rampsides and wish I had room and $ for one. I've ridden in, and drove a ton of old vehicles, but never been in one like these that you can see people saying w*f as your driving by. lol

Back