Show your Ind_Chuckz Workman/Heavy duty build!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the frame came in the mail probably about 4 hours ago. I scrounged up some parts.....many I'd set aside for this bike. Here's the first incarnation. I just got done taking it for a ride. I'm happy, it rides good and I love how it's looking...It's a solid feeling bike. I'm thinking about leaving it yellow and I need to weld an extension to the kickstand.

WORKSMANone_zpsc60aba63.jpg

WRIJSNAB2_zps18f09654.jpg

WORKSman3_zps5b09c62a.jpg

I made the seat post out of a handlebar from a Honda 50 clone. It's nice and thick and works like it was made for it. The seat is a $5 swap meet find.

SEATworksman_zps3bac9b23.jpg

Well, the frame came in the mail probably about 4 hours ago. I scrounged up some parts.....many I'd set aside for this bike. Here's the first incarnation. I just got done taking it for a ride. I'm happy, it rides good and I love how it's looking...It's a solid feeling bike. I'm thinking about leaving it yellow and I need to weld an extension to the kickstand.

WORKSMANone_zpsc60aba63.jpg

WRIJSNAB2_zps18f09654.jpg

WORKSman3_zps5b09c62a.jpg

I made the seat post out of a handlebar from a Honda 50 clone. It's nice and thick and works like it was made for it. The seat is a $5 swap meet find.

SEATworksman_zps3bac9b23.jpg

You certainly got it put together and ride-able really fast. I like the stem and bars as well as the seat. Is that actually cloth fabric covering the seat or some sort of vinyl?

You certainly got it put together and ride-able really fast. I like the stem and bars as well as the seat. Is that actually cloth fabric covering the seat or some sort of vinyl?
It's some sort of vinyl I think. It's really seen better days. The vinyl is attached to a thin plastic shell and then that is all attached to the metal structure underneath.

The stem is from an old BMX and the bars are really heavy duty and thick. I found them on an old mini bike.

Here are a handful of pics of my Schwinn Heavy Duti (frame built in Hungary). I was going to build it up as my winter commuter but ran into a handful of issues, so I have another frame on the way from Chuck; I'm just gonna swap the parts over to the new frame. Not really sure what I'm going to do with the old frame ... I love the frame, but really cannot possibly have any more bikes at this point.

The burgundy Person's saddle is uncomfortable as heck but looks gorgeous on the bike. If I could go back and do it again I wouldn't have put flame tires on there; probably tan sidewalls instead. Here are a handful of pics, a few of which are along the Mississippi river:

2egejwj.jpg

29z7vrp.jpg

wl5f1f.jpg

2q1ymvp.jpg

9hqecw.jpg

OK, I'll bite...
1st Workman INB frame purchased from Chuck, "the Lead Sled". Which unfortunately I'm diggin' the about-to-be-finished "Worksman RS" so much that the "LS" is subject to a face lift!

... and the 2nd INB frame purchased from Chuck, the not quite finished "Worksan RS", Core 77 Dutch Masters inspired:

... Keep raiding those factories Chuck!!!;)
Nice!!!

Got mine to bare metal and spent several days polishing it by hand. Painted my rims a cream color and mounted some nice fatties on them, I used a brass bell and chain to match the bracing. This is my favorite bike yeah I have ever built, rides so smooth too.
bc6b6f4d84c881a9fd611605d9c7af54.jpg

Got mine to bare metal and spent several days polishing it by hand. Painted my rims a cream color and mounted some nice fatties on them, I used a brass bell and chain to match the bracing. This is my favorite bike yeah I have ever built, rides so smooth too.
bc6b6f4d84c881a9fd611605d9c7af54.jpg
Came out sweet!!!! Love the squarebody pick up.

Latest posts

Back