Show your Ind_Chuckz Workman/Heavy duty build!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Appreciate it! Thank you! I have a few frames that I purchased when I first started getting into that were sold to me as Schwinns. I hadn't any idea otherwise. But they were definitely not Schwinns. One was a Murray made and the other one I have no idea. Now they just take up space.

Appreciate it! Thank you! I have a few frames that I purchased when I first started getting into that were sold to me as Schwinns. I hadn't any idea otherwise. But they were definitely not Schwinns. One was a Murray made and the other one I have no idea. Now they just take up space.

Pics? Maybe ppl on here will wanna buy'm. I'm sorta lookin for the right Murray....

I had to throw this together the day after Christmas to try out some stuff that Santa brought me. A few things will be changed out, I just wante to get it rideable.
Looks good!

Luke.

I had to throw this together the day after Christmas to try out some stuff that Santa brought me. A few things will be changed out, I just wante to get it rideable.

That's gotta be the cleanest paint I've seen on a Chuckz frame in a looooooong time. I got a really squeaky-clean lookin' red one from him a while back, but the underside of the mid-tube had been sanded down. I ended up stripping the whole thing to bare metal, so i could have some canti posts brazed on. It's awaiting powder now...

Is that one of those fancy-pants dia-compe cranks that Porkchop is selling? Hard to tell from the picture, but it looks really nice!

Looks good! Just got the same frame from Chuck. Give us some details...cranks? seat post? wheels?

I rubbed it down with compound, but it was pretty clean. im probably not going to do anything with the paint. its worn through on most edges but ill run it like that.
crank is the dia compe from pork chop. i think a 40t sprocket. 23 rear. also went with the sealed bb. als rapid transit bars. dia comp stem. slowriders lay back seat post. electra wheels with a nexus. seat and grip off 2 other electras. I had the platform pedals in my toolbox. the tires, wheels, and seatpost were sitting waiting to go on a dyno.
i still want to change it up a bunch. i wound up with un-knurled bars and i was really curious if they were going to slide in the stem or what. that was probably the biggest reason i threw it together. im not sure if ill go through with the 1 1/8 fork idea i had planned. since i got to ride it, the fork doesn't bother me so much now. i definitely want to build a set of wheels, and some tires that are slightly more trail friendly. i want to try a straight 7/8 seat post on it. i like the crank, seems solid, yet lightweight. picked it up on some sale he had going that made it too hard to resist, i was just going to go with a cheap ebay 3 pc. so far i like it. rides nice. feels solid.

Those are some nice components you got on it, there. My experience with unknurled bars is that they're not just going to slip like crazy; they'll hold just fine until one day when you really put some oooooomph on the grips, and it slips on you. Then, if you're like me, you'll end up just having some trust issues. You'll be constantly waiting for them to slip again.

Looked at a knurling hand tool. They cost like $150. If'n I evernstart makin' handlebars, I'll get one for sure.

Please don't tell me about the hottt deal you got on that DiaCompe crankset. I've been fiending for a silver one for some time now; i'll prolly have to grab one the next time he has a killer discount code in effect...

That is one very nice looking cruiser.. Very well excecuted and thought out.

got this thing together and finished today, real nice rider.

before:
CF728ECD-3EA6-4C45-BD82-134AD91F64BF_zpsoi62wndo.jpg

after:
0484AAC6-A93F-4DF8-BC56-41A297BCB1E1_zpsh5zpnwgl.jpg

My CAT Bike, WBO 2015, Chuck Worksman. Still in the works. It came with a plastic chain guard that I modified. The stock forks he sent with the frame are going on another bike, Girlfriends Bike WBO 2015. These heavy duty rims I bought direct from Husky Bikes.
More pics here: CAT Bike
0201151234.jpg

0215151820.jpg

I was thinking about buying another Schwinn and replacing the rear dropouts with a loop style like the oldschool BMX frames. These frames are actually pretty light for steel.

The only thing stopping me is I have a feeling I would go way over budget on accessories.

Can anyone give me a measurement on the Schwinn frame? I don't have access to mine right now. Looking for top bar length from center to center. Also seat tube from center of bottom bracket to center of top tube.

Thanks!!!
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/worksman-frame.74729/#post-727094 I posted it up here on this thread a l'il while back... Those are the official Schwinn specs from the site. TBH, I never took out the tape and verified on a frame in-person....

The paint was more time consuming and challenging than anticipated, I guess. The trim still needs some work but it's still pretty cool. You likely can't tell but the design was expected to be ichthys. I may add four in descending size to the chain guard to represent my family.

I guess this would be considered a klunker/bomber/standie.
12278683_10153790454482028_2805803731397590207_n.jpg

12107739_10153790454657028_2063099074123929880_n.jpg

12301736_10153790454737028_7349295682384355799_n.jpg

Frame: Schwinn Heavy Duti via Ind-Chuckz
Fork: Unknown cast bladed fork
Trusses: Schwinn repop
Saddle: Gyes sprung
Seatpost: Unknown fluted
Pedals: XLC Bear Trap red ano
Cranks: Haro chromoly 3 piece
Handlebars: Banshee chrome V-bars
Chainring: Chop Saw I