Spyder Monkey

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took a look at Old picture of this spyder monkey when I first got. It's amazing how it turned out. Weather is starting warm up. I better get back on this build. I recently bought 24'' square fenders that I'm hoping it will have better fitment than radius fender. Also I decided to not custom made seat. I'm going to use tall sissy bar with that black banana seat and will order lay back seat post to straight sissy bar up. I'm planning to borrow Terminator's low gear sprocket and front derailleur to experimenting with chain guard because my area has lot of uphills with 48 teeth wore me out really quickly. It wasn't easy to sit pedaling uphill because of flex handle bar but it was good workout. :lol: :lol:

SU1BRzAzNzguanBn.jpg

I borrowed parts from terminator to see if ten speeds will work on this spyder monkey. It seems working well however need weld tack to make chuck key taller to hold all sprocket but I'm not going do that if chain guard won't fit. Still waiting for friend finish my sticker. I just tested fit 24'' square fenders. Something is touching tire. I will look for clearance to fix fender then trim for chain. It sure looks cool bike.

1360293887_zps3a128027.jpg

1360293919_zps6665fd63.jpg

Also I'm thinking about change front end little bit but will still be under mounted stem tho.

LukeTheJoker said:
I think it might look really good with a 20 on the front!

Luke.

Yeah with 1 1/8'' tire and if you don't mind that I'm attempting to copy your crazy ape hanger? I'm thinking about mill stem flat for bmx stem to be aluminum weld on stem so I can bolt clamp ape hanger. Too bad we don't live closer.

Finally found chrome 27'' fork that has larger under hole enough for stem mount for $3. I think this fork is fully chrome plated with paints because I can see the chrome under chipped paint. I realized 20'' 28 spoke in my shed. Lol also realize that 20'' has penalty rooms for bmx stem without serious modifies unfortunately stem pole is larger but best part about it is the pole is removable where I can easily turning pole to smaller OD. Definitely looking much better. Hopefully won't have issues with 7'' crank arm. :D :D

1360464541_zpsf8a841f4.jpg

1360465122_zps104b7141.jpg

Bad news, I just finished paint stripped and polished fork. It is not full chrome. Sigh its difficult to find full chrome 27'' fork that has larger ID hole for stem under mounted.

1360543423_zps2d51dd1b.jpg

Tape off some flames and paint it with one of the anodized looking metal paints like MetalCast.

Finished turning stem pole and fit like glove. I just came up with new ideas. I'm using valve springer from 327ci Chevy to bolt fender on. Sort of fake springer fork lol. It's not officially bolt yet.

1360636876_zps437e4a86.jpg

Man,this build is cool 8) 8) Makes me want to build up my 24" Spyder.Keep up the great work :!:

Unfortunately,that is a ways off :oops: My time is limited and I have others to build first.I will just watch yours in the mean time :D

Circa Cycles said:
Unfortunately,that is a ways off :oops: My time is limited and I have others to build first.I will just watch yours in the mean time :D

no hurry but when you do spyder build. lemme know because I would enjoy to watch fresh spyder builds. :D :mrgreen:

Looking good Freddy! Love the springer look!

Been thinking on the ape hangers for my "Muscle Bike Build Off" bike, mind if I do something similar to your idea? Not exactly the same, I intend to weld a mount to the forks at the crown for the base of the bars and have a crossbar part way up the bars that will attach to the stem in the normal way, should give me a cool look but still avoid excess flex.

Luke.

Back