BO15 SteamRoller - Finished 1st THANKS!! - CompareTwinWinsVerBotenSteamRoller

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you gave thought to color on this beast yet, or did I miss it?

Have you gave thought to color on this beast yet, or did I miss it?

No real thought at all to color or finish. Way too early for that. I need to figure out what's going on or not first.

Yeah where is Jake these days ?

He's still having fun with his modeling on IG, but with scaled cars added in the mix now. I don't think he has a bike lined up yet, but I'm sure he'll be here.

Tape measure, packing tape, silver metallic tape, pedals, etc. Whatever it takes to hold things in there approximate location to visualize if the idea is worthy or not. :D Some things never change.

Where’s the duct tape? Hahahahaha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake still hasn't come out of Ninja mode yet. But he knows it's Get Ta Buildin time.
IMG_20200515_094329870.jpg

THIS BO NEEDS MORE ACTION FIGURES!
IMG_20200515_094431296.jpg

AND CAPITALS!

Shipping this surprise GTB STIMULUS PACKAGE out the door.

20200516_132926.jpg

No real thought at all to color or finish. Way too early for that. I need to figure out what's going on or not first.

It’s funny to see people’s different approaches on builds. Color is usually on or lnear the top of my list, sometimes even before frame/brand.

It’s funny to see people’s different approaches on builds. Color is usually on or lnear the top of my list, sometimes even before frame/brand.

My frame is still in the mail and I'm already picking out colors and ordering parts :giggle:

This arrived while I was boxing up the Stimulus Package, so I had some fun mockups trying to figure it out when I got home.

20200516_144917.jpg

The width is about perfect. Plenty strong. The bottom piece is longer than I will need, but it gives me plenty to play with.

20200516_144934.jpg

20200516_144942.jpg

My plan is to have the top piece horizontal. So I plan to curve the lower section to match the curve of the frame. I'll probably also shorten the lower section to allow the seat mount to be farther back.

First pass of mocks I just let it sit at an angle

20200516_145123.jpg
20200516_145132.jpg
20200516_145332.jpg
20200516_145338.jpg

Before trying out some other bars, I took one pic with the clubman bars flipped.

20200516_145609.jpg

Then I found the mega moon bars that I got from the ladies JetFlow part out.

20200516_145929.jpg

I'm not feeling the mega moons with this build, But here are the mockups with the nanner,

20200516_145939.jpg
20200516_145947.jpg
20200516_145957.jpg

More seat and bar mockups to come later tonight. Queenfish and I are about to go out to eat in a sit down restaurant. We've been able to do this in Georgia for 2 or 3 weeks now and try to get out and support the local business and workers as much as we can.

Last edited:
More seat and bar mockups to come later tonight. But as you may know, but Queenfish and I are about to go out to eat in a sit down restaurant. We've been able to do this in Georgia for 2 or 3 weeks now and try to get out and support the local business and workers as much as we can.
2 months here no eating out,wife really wants a date night.

I'm all caught up on this thread. Although I'm partial to banana seats, something about that RUFF saddle worked for me. Definitely like the drop bars the best too. Looking forward to more mock ups. This is my first RRBO, and I've never done as many mock-ups as I have with this build. Lots of fun. I imagine it must be similar to what women experience when they go shopping and try on clothes for hours.

Back