the I'll show you OFF TOPIC bike thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok the BIG buildoff is over for a couple hours now. What's next? View attachment 245239
and a picture of the '72 Alfa I owned in 1985...
Love that year of Alfa. Great looking car.

For me, what's next in later this month or in September will be dropping the tranny out of my old dart and put a new clutch set in it. The Throw out bearing is inside the fingers of the pressure plate currently.
20230808_160501.jpg

While it's apart going to throw that less than 10k miles LUK brand crap away and get a higher quality set so this won't happen again. Pep boys doesn't sell parts anymore so can't get it warrantied anyway.

After that I might just build a rat rod model car. Will see.

For me, what's next in later this month or in September will be dropping the tranny out of my old dart and put a new clutch set in it. The Throw out bearing is inside the fingers of the pressure plate currently.
View attachment 245252
While it's apart going to throw that less than 10k miles LUK brand crap away and get a higher quality set so this won't happen again. Pep boys doesn't sell parts anymore so can't get it warrantied anyway.

The big move from the parsonage to the house I grew up in has been ramping up. So I've got to get a radiator for my Flatbed Ford. I've got a couple models I've had stashed for a while and I see from the post above, Muscle Bikes are on the menu. Sept. thru Nov. I think that was the plan... The last few builds (really most of my builds...) have been overly ambitious. So I'm thinking of taking it easy on the next build, something I can build in one place and not have to worry about dragging parts around since I have things in two places now. Even if it is only crosstown.

The big move from the parsonage to the house I grew up in has been ramping up. So I've got to get a radiator for my Flatbed Ford. I've got a couple models I've had stashed for a while and I see from the post above, Muscle Bikes are on the menu. Sept. thru Nov. I think that was the plan... The last few builds (really most of my builds...) have been overly ambitious. So I'm thinking of taking it easy on the next build, something I can build in one place and not have to worry about dragging parts around since I have things in two places now. Even if it is only crosstown.
I haven't decided yet whether todo a muscle bike build this year. I do have that Bratz bike I built (In Violet) that needs tobe ratted out, but haven't committed the time to doing it yet. Last year during MBBO I was working 60+ hrs a week and stressed to the breaking point. Will see how it is in September.

Maybe a tear down of it is what I need for motivation. I've neglected it for a couple of years. Those lakers Colors and 20" wheels kinda put in the back stable for me when I have more comfortable and better fitting muscle bikes to ride.

Start with a frame and see what she says

View attachment 245252

I had the same thing happen to my 65 Fairlane, bearing went right through the fingers. It had been making noise for a long time so it finally ground it's way through. A friend had a 66 Falcon with an auto in his junkyard, only a thousand miles on it, so I converted to an auto. Turned out to be a nightmare but I got it done and it shifted like a new car.

I had the same thing happen to my 65 Fairlane, bearing went right through the fingers. It had been making noise for a long time so it finally ground it's way through. A friend had a 66 Falcon with an auto in his junkyard, only a thousand miles on it, so I converted to an auto. Turned out to be a nightmare but I got it done and it shifted like a new car.
I converted a 78 nova from auto to manual. Had put a strong 350 in it and found a good 4 speed to put behind it. I understand the nightmare once done it was great.

I had to put aside the project today and overhaul my wife’s Kirby vacuum cleaner.
She was ready to go buy another one because it needed a new switch. It’s a screwdriver job and the switch is only $61.
View attachment 227187
A new Kirby is probably like $1800 now.

I remember she paid $1300 for one with the carpet shampooer attachments, 30 years ago. I wish she’d let me rebuild that one because this one has more plastic in it, although it’s basically the same machine they have built for 60 years.

Normally you don’t have to take it that far apart to change the switch, but I wanted to put new sealant on the “snail”.

Kirby uses some cheap chit that dries out, but it’s super easy to get apart. I used high temperature RTV Permatex.
We bought ours 25 yrs ago, banished to the shed now but man she still cranks, G6 is ours! most awesome vaccum I ever had! they do eat carpet if it gets too old underfoot but hey, its clean!

bought a new van for the wife last night. Only had to wait two months for it. They said it could take six. She liked her Sedona so much she wanted the Carnival. It's a sweet ride.

Carnival.jpg

So this is so off topic I think only us older people will understand!
Had my Hernia OP tuesday, home wed,now thurs and the plumbing is still blocked form the pain killers and anti inflams etc! been having a great varied diet, coffee's galore and heaps of water, Front end is fine but the at the back not so!!
So headed down to the paharmacy/Drug store, grabbed some special laxative and returned home. only cost $7 but low n behold I get home, start just looking at this bottle and.....UH OH..... turns out I didnt need it, Phewwwww! the relief, not physicly but mentally, is just soooo dang fine! it was starting to affect my mood knowing I may be in for a really rough few days. still sore as anything around the abdomen but so glad I knocked the pain killers on the head yesterday! I just knew it was time to cop some pain and get over it!
But its the power of the mind here, all I did was look at the bottle and read the instructions!

PXL_20230810_000701869.jpg

So this is so off topic I think only us older people will understand!
Had my Hernia OP tuesday, home wed,now thurs and the plumbing is still blocked form the pain killers and anti inflams etc! been having a great varied diet, coffee's galore and heaps of water, Front end is fine but the at the back not so!!
So headed down to the paharmacy/Drug store, grabbed some special laxative and returned home. only cost $7 but low n behold I get home, start just looking at this bottle and.....UH OH..... turns out I didnt need it, Phewwwww! the relief, not physicly but mentally, is just soooo dang fine! it was starting to affect my mood knowing I may be in for a really rough few days. still sore as anything around the abdomen but so glad I knocked the pain killers on the head yesterday! I just knew it was time to cop some pain and get over it!
But its the power of the mind here, all I did was look at the bottle and read the instructions!

View attachment 245372
I’m 49 and will need that surgery here soon. Cheers to healing! 🍺

I’m 49 and will need that surgery here soon. Cheers to healing! 🍺
52 and this was a burst repair from 5 yr ago! was told i could go back to full physical lifestyle but maybe my lifestyle wasnt normal LOL. I had a smaller one on the opposite side too so they did both, probably why im a bit sorer than 5 yr ago!,
Mate dont be concerned with this, its all too easy, ya wont feel a thing and almost 3 days later im on the mend. worst part of hernia repairs is the 5 week recovery, no lifting.

Latest posts

Back