the I'll show you OFF TOPIC bike thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today’s off-topic welding project:

I put a feather back on my wife’s tin peacock. This is THIN! ….just Half a Millimeter.
FE9BEE69-36F9-4B43-A97B-5F098126E8F5.jpeg

I use the Victor 000 tip, but my regulators are the Victor Super-range regulators, and they’re not the finest ones for this light work.
9C26ABA2-8FA0-4AD1-B72F-4994C978FB75.jpeg

I torch whipped it to within an inch of its life. With 1/16” E70xx

After some burnishing.
40374FCE-064F-4E64-8713-DF03445A2A76.jpeg

I shaved it with a Dremel & shot a little clearcoat on it so it wouldn’t rust immediately.

I cleaned the little glass ornament with Barkeepers Friend, which really knocks off water stains.
FDDDF35A-E1ED-48D6-A3BB-7AE5FF0A21E8.jpeg

Last edited:
So now you’re making me wonder if he made more money off of the Yankees, the ice tea, or the candy bars. (Why do I have a feeling that it is the candy bars?)
In the documentary I swiped that first flick from he said he made far more from ads than ball. Prior to becoming a sellable face his original gripe with the Yankees was that the players were making less than 25K a year, thus the move west.

In the documentary I swiped that first flick from he said he made far more from ads than ball. Prior to becoming a sellable face his original gripe with the Yankees was that the players were making less than 25K a year, thus the move west.
Reggie was THE celebrity collector car guy well before Leon's car fame. Both have top collection.

Reggie was THE celebrity collector car guy well before Leon's car fame. Both have top collection.

I must admit that I was trying hard not to feel some major car envy.

When I was a kid I wanted to work for General Motors as an engineer. (Instead I became a programmer. Long story…)

Of course I watch Jay Leno and lots of other car guys on TV. Vehicles of every kind interest me, and I watch plenty of those shows.

Particularly impressive are the ones where people customize, do things from scratch, or come up with unusual designs.

(Extra points if lots of welding is involved.)

> HERE < is the build thread of a very cool bike. Dig around there's video too.
la Chouineuse.jpg

I think irzouts is a master builder. But haven't heard from him in a while....

Last edited:
and now for something completely different... Rockin' Rollfast from BO 11
RcknRolfst.gif

That's a tweed wrapped tank with a battery powered guitar amplifier in it.

> HERE < is the build thread of a very cool bike. Dig around there's video too.
View attachment 227876

I think irzouts is a master builder. But haven't heard from him in a while....
He's gotten into using old electric components and other discarded equipment to make unusual homemade musical instruments, but he's gone mostly social media dark. I met up with him a couple of years ago.

He's gotten into using old electric components and other discarded equipment to make unusual homemade musical instruments, but he's gone mostly social media dark. I met up with him a couple of years ago.
I did see his electric music/ rhythms.
I think @kingfish254 cruised with him over in Paris.
Also good to hear from you here, I see your Insta posts too.

That’s quite a collection of git-fiddles ya got there Carl. I am particularly interested in the upright bass.

That was my thing in high school. Stuff like Bourre for Bach, from The Baroque goes Bop.

Be-bop arrangements of 300 year old music. No amplifiers. Just bass, piano and 16 singers.

I did see his electric music/ rhythms.
I think @kingfish254 cruised with him over in Paris.
Also good to hear from you here, I see your Insta posts too.

I had the pleasure of going to Yann's mad scientist lair in Paris back in 2015. What an ingenious creative mind! I strongly suggest people look back over @irzouts builds. https://ratrodbikes.com/search/553903/

1681408431684.png

He couldn't make the Paris ride, but @kanar and the Custom Brigade took me on a 4 hour midnight cruise all over the city!

Went to the auto recyclers today and got rims and tires for my other Ranger off of a Mustang. No center caps but still pretty good for 200 bucks...
IMG_20230414_135951837.jpg

It had 3 different rims and 4 different size tires on it for a while. Pretty raggedy but fixin' things a little at a time. Still needs new rear drums but the list of stuff we've done in the last 4 years is pretty extensive.

Last edited:
Went to the auto recyclers today and got rims and tires for my other Ranger off of a Mustang. No center caps but still pretty good for 200 bucks...
View attachment 228388
It had 3 different rims and 4 different size tires on it for a while. Pretty raggedy but fixin' things a little at a time. Still needs new rear drums but the list of stuff we've done in the last 4 years is pretty extensive.
Those wheels look good on there. Nice looking little truck. 👍

Latest posts

Back