The Short…Beach…Food…Cape Cod Trail Ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The premise is that after riding on the mainland side, we will all go together and picnic on the cape side of the canal. It’ll be a great way for us to eat, hang-out, watch-the-world-go-by and end the day.

Looking forward to riding and picnicking with all of you on the canal; time to get the folding beach chair out of storage...let’s see now – it’s somewhere in here... :wink:

Graylock said:
I thought that we would start on mainland side of the canal and ride there and then then pack it up and go to the Cape side where we can have lunch by either bringing a picnic or getting something to go at Sea Food Sam's right there at the canal. Bring a folding chair and sit right next to the water and have lunch and watch the world pass by with the tide.

Stevil..... I didn't mean to alarm you :roll: I reread the quoted post here and I realized I fell asleep on the spacebar :oops: That post was incomplete. I had meant to add that from the picnic area you can get back on the trail on this side of the Cape just by going around the marina to get to the other parking lot and ride as far as it goes towards Buzzards Bay. I have never have been on that trail before but it has a whole different view of the canal. The road around the marina is a short and easy ride on the bike. If you whip out your Goggle Map you can scroll your way around and see how easy it is.

Also for those smart phone app addicts there is a free app that's called Marine Traffic that you can see the larger boat traffic coming up the canal. When my wife and I picnic there we know when a boat coming and the type and name of the boat. Kinda like watching a parade. You can also see it on the web on your PC. Check it out if your an app geek.

Graylock sleeping on the spacebar

Okay,thanks for the added info. Yea forecast looks great. 10 o'clock ,huh. 8)

Weather will be fantastic :mrgreen: ( I paid off the weatherman to make sure...... he's good like that, I don't know how he does it)

So far as I can tell Me and mrs Graylock will be there on her vintage 1995 Burley Samba Tandem, ZL, Stevil, Mr and Mrs Kota (?), KZ and his bunch (?), ............ who else?....... you know you want to go !!! :D

Graylock

My wife, my 12 year old son and myself will be there, looking forward to it.

I actually had Patriots tickets offered to me for Sunday but I chose this ride instead, Less Stressful.

Sorry about the game but things aren't working for the Pats.........
Weather looks great for the ride. Hope everyone drives safely , is not a race. My cell is 508-889-6719 I'm deaf in one ear and can't hear out the other I might hear the call. That or Nextel has screwed me again.
I got a call from Mr and Mrs Kota and their colds have prevented them to ride but they will go to the picnic. This has cost Kota a shopping spree at the Christmas Tree Shop. I'd like to join you in the worst way but I'll be riding, sorry!!!!!

Graylock

It's me that had the cold. Been fighting with it for two weeks. I just don't feel up to riding, it's tough to get old. Looking forward to lunch and barge watching.

Christmas Tree Shops. :roll:

It’s all go, baby – see you all at 10 :!: :)

Mr. K, I hope you start feeling better, buddy.

First back home from the ride. It was the best day ever for a ride and we had a blast. I got to hand it to José he had kept this thread alive and kicking, even Larry and Kathy showed up for the lunch just to see us. Thanks José for your support :D

Rick and his wife and Zane...... let's not forget Steve and Gary. Great time, thanks for coming.

Here's the only picture I took today and it's José adjusting his cape.
CCC_10-21-12_Jose.jpg

Pete

We arrived home just in time for the Patriots/Jets kickoff, we all had a great time with great company, Zane wants to know if we can have another ride soon, he wants to bring his 20" to give the older guys a run for their money. Thank you guys for putting this ride together, can't wait for the camping/biking event next year.

Almost 4 hrs. to get home! But it was worth it. Christmas Tree Shops had just what I was looking for. Hey if Graylock can take his pug on rides, I can NOW take my bird (Lil' Tweet) on rides too.

002-56.jpg

You guys are the best! Great ride, great friends, reasonably priced great food and great weather due to GL slipping a 50 to the weather man!

The bridge to the wonderful wizard of Cod!
CapeCodCanal102112001.jpg

The Cape Cod Canal Trail, this is a great bike trail!
CapeCodCanal102112002.jpg

CapeCodCanal102112004.jpg

A local going out for a day of fishing for Striped Bass on the canal.
CapeCodCanal102112005.jpg

CapeCodCanal102112006.jpg

Life is good and made better when shared with great friends.
CapeCodCanal102112007.jpg

CapeCodCanal102112010.jpg

CapeCodCanal102112012.jpg

CapeCodCanal102112014.jpg

CapeCodCanal102112016.jpg

CapeCodCanal102112021.jpg

CapeCodCanal102112019.jpg

Peace everybody – I can’t wait for our weekend ride in spring!!!

Yea,that was a good ride. Beautiful day and location and the wind just made it more a of a workout. :)
Hard to find a happier bunch of people being together,having a blast riding ,chatting, eating apples,etc....Stevil

Thumbs-up to you GL for getting all of us a venue that made this ride as good as it was – I failed :oops: to mention that in last night’s post.

GL, would it be possible for you to post the link to Gary’s photo page here – my e-mail filter makes it difficult to download the individual pics. :?

Back