The Victim Gone to its new home

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Victim

Uncle Stretch said:
:lol:
I'm actually pretty good at this.
:mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:
My vote for understatement of the year, and it's only January!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67002&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

With a name like "Uncle Stretch" you would want to be good at stretching!

Luke.

Its funny I was stretching a bunch of bikes , and I joined RRB. The people here gave me the name
Uncle Stretch , since I stretched bikes and I'm Steve's uncle. :lol:

Ok I'm just about ready to start. I figured that grinding the fishmouth into tubing
was using up flap disks and then making a mess with the grinding dust. The solution
was to buy a cheap tubing notcher from Harbor Freight...$45 on sale and then I got
a 1'' hole saw. The last trip was to pickup a few new flap disks.
They say the notchers don't line up and you have to adjust them with a few washers
or a piece of metal. I will know in a few minutes. Getting close to the starting line.
DSCF0001-135.jpg

Uncle Stretch said:
Yeah I may can figure it out tomorrow. Just have to wait and see. :lol:
I'm actually pretty good at this.

id think so if 'Stretch' is in your name :lol:

i seen some your builds before, some pretty cool stuff man.. 8)

Well power is out and cell phones are dead....heck of a day
Well Ivan glad you like my builds.
I see what they say about the tubing notchers. If you put something in the holder part
an run the shaft down where it would be cutting its off by about a 1/16''. You have to
put a spacer behind it to make it cut in the center. Ok I'm rarely impressed by anything
that comes from china, but this notcher works really good. With the spacer adjustment its
well worth the price. It was $45 = $10 for the hole saw and I would recommend this to anybody.
DSCF0001-136.jpg

DSCF0004-42.jpg

DSCF0005-26.jpg

I have bought a couple dinners and not enjoyed them as much. $60 is money well spent. I am
using my drill press, but a vice for the tool and a battery powered drill would work too. :wink:
The hole saw that fits is a milwaukee 49-56-0043 1'' It will screw right on to the shaft of the notcher.
If you ask them at Harbor Freight what fits they haven't got a clue. I got the right hole saw at Ace hardware.

Well the monsoon is suppose to stop tonight ....the power is back on ....cell phones are charged.
I should be able to actually start on the Victim tomorrow....I hope. :roll:

I have the same notcher and for the money it works pretty good. You do have to make a few adjustments but it's no biggie!

Thats funny Chuck. Its not really that exciting , like Christmas or anything.

Ok finally decided on the cuts. What is cool is the tubing is exactly the size of my 1'' stuff so it will match perfect.
Also a piece of Schwinn seatpost fits tight inside the tubing. Will line it up and also give it something to strengthen the weld.
I am going to cut off the whole rear triangle and make my own, but I'm leaving some of it on to line everything up as I weld.
Works better than a jig. The center tube is just brazed on so instead of adding a 7'' piece , I will just build another.
So here we are right now.
DSCF0001-137.jpg

DSCF0004-43.jpg

DSCF0002-125.jpg

DSCF0003-53.jpg

Thanks Tater it should be pretty good

Yeah Kram I hope it works out where its comfortable.

Migz that is a lot of work ,I'm not wanting to try one again. I hope to make it look kinda like a stock
worksman that is a little longer.

Well I got the top tube welded and the rest of the center bar , and the seat stay cut off and
ground down. Man trying to hide two welds on a tube is difficult. I wound up with a couple small places
and if you try to fill them in I make a mess....little bondo will take care of them. Still have to cut the
chain stay off and fill in the holes in the BB. Getting closer. :lol:
DSCF0002-126.jpg

DSCF0001-138.jpg

Thanks it might look pretty good when I get more done.

I would normally hack all the chain stay off and use one 1'' tube 9'' long to hook my bent chain stays to.
I think this time I'm going to weld my bent stay to these two tubes. If it needs more support I can cut
a plate for the bottom. Should look pretty cool. Will have to wait till tomorrow when I drag my bender
out and bend some stays.
DSCF0001-139.jpg

Thanks Schwinnray.

My build will come to a screeching halt. I have a sinus infection. Will head to the
doctor tomorrow and see if they can fix me.......to be continued.

Oh man...went through that the weekend after Christmas...along with millions of other people apparently. It had me in bed for two days!!

Had the following regimen going...

1. Drank 2 glasses of Emergen-C each day...morning and at night.
2. Used saline nasal spray...A LOT!
3. Had humidifier running 24/7
4. Chicken Noodle Soup daily
5. Chest covered in Vicks Vapor Rub each night

Lots of other folks swear by the Zicam disolve tabs.

Back