The Victim Gone to its new home

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Victim

Hope you're feeling better soon! ..I don't usually nose around the Builds page, since it reminds me I have zero time to work on bikes right now! :cry: But, after seeing the pic on facebook, knew I'd have to dive in to see what you were working on! As always, amazing work! :mrgreen: -Adam

Got an appointment with the ear nose and throat guy tomorrow at 1:30. Got to use my health care while I have it. :roll: :roll:
Hummm didn't know I was on Facebook.

Uncle Stretch said:
Got an appointment with the ear nose and throat guy tomorrow at 1:30. Got to use my health care while I have it. :roll: :roll:
Hummm didn't know I was on Facebook.
Well, RRB is there, and Steve featured a pic from this thread, which is always a good reminder to see what's kicking over here! :mrgreen: -Adam

Rat Rod said:

Lots of other folks swear by the Zicam disolve tabs.

We still have a stash of the q-tip versions you rubbe in your noseholes that made people stop smelling right. Those worked Awesome !!!

Hope you get back to fighting weight soon Uncle S !!!

I looked at that Facebook thing. I guess I'm back at it again. :lol: :lol:
I hate that I got to feeling bad. I was on a roll. Couldn't have been this morning when I was staring at a frame
wondering where to cut it. I finally got motivated and then my throat started hurting. I had a sneezing bout
the last few days, and I never knew so much water could come out of your nose. I was hoping it would run out,
but it didn't. Its a shame I didn't learn anything about medicine instead of how to weld. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks everybody. Maybe I can get better and get this to actually look like something.

Thanks , but this is really just the start. Nothing that great, but maybe if I can get better
I can come up with some stuff to excite the masses. :D

Looking great so far. I love streching old frames. Sorry to hear your not feeling well. Get yourself one of those Netty pots I think there called. They make one that you pump the saline solution and distilled water up one nostril and out the other then you pump it up the other one. It literally flushes the infection out of your nose. I swear you'll cancel your appt. Seems weird at first but I swear by them and have not had to see Doc in years for sinus stuff. I use it in the summer too during pollen season and same results, you can breath and sleep. Get better so we can see this bike all cool as heck.

Thanks Tommy. I used some the last time that was in a can. You sprayed it in each nostril and it did pretty good.
I may run to the store and get one. I felt fine most of the day. Not sure why it started up later in the day. I knew
the minute I blew my nose and it was all yellow I was in trouble.
I really wanted to keep going on this. Normally I don't stretch built bikes. I use to a long time ago , and found out
that I could really just build the whole thing as easy. These last two were just to keep from going crazy from the boredom.
Its fun though. You will defiantly see what quality a frame is when you dissect them. These aren't bad , but I'm not a fan of brazing.
I guess if they have lugs then they are stronger than just butt brazing. Gee that sounded funny.

make sure to boil your water before using the nedi pot, i geuss theres stuff in tap water you dont want up your nose. i too, use one of those pump machines for my sinuses. i've been fighting an ear infection since new years day, so i know how you feel. cant go outside, dont feel like going to the basement shop, cant bend over or you get dizzy and fall down. and the stuff that comes out of my ear looks like walmart bearing grease. :shock: get well soon, as always another fine looking project you got going.

Thanks xray hope you get better too. I should know more tomorrow after the doctor's visit.
They run a culture and actually tell you what you have.

I'm really excited about doing more on the frame.
DSCF0001-140.jpg

Uncle Stretch said:
I would normally hack all the chain stay off and use one 1'' tube 9'' long to hook my bent chain stays to.
I think this time I'm going to weld my bent stay to these two tubes. If it needs more support I can cut
a plate for the bottom. Should look pretty cool. Will have to wait till tomorrow when I drag my bender
out and bend some stays.
Sounds like a cool idea, that way you can keep all the nice brazed joints behind the bb...

Hope you are feeling better soon!*

Luke.

*Mainly so we can drool over progress pics... :D

That is what I was thinking Luke.I could cut the whole BB off and use one of mine, but this might look
really cool and solve the problem too. A plate on top will cover them up though. Will have to look a
little more.

The bad thing Luke is if I put the plate on the bottom then dirt and crud will fill up that space.
If I put it on top it solves the dirt problem , but you won't see the tubes or lugs.

It should look like this.
DSCF0001-141.jpg

Uncle Stretch said:
The bad thing Luke is if I put the plate on the bottom then dirt and crud will fill up that space.
If I put it on top it solves the dirt problem , but you won't see the tubes or lugs.

Make a "T" out of tubing. Maybe even with an arc to echo the one your using behind it.

Yeah I'm starting to think just cut off the old BB and replace it with mine. Filling up the hole in the top
and designing what might look good but not be as strong is kinda iffy. I normally use this setup. You have to
have my wide chain stay back 9'' from the BB or it will hit the back of your foot when you pedal.
DSCF0001-142.jpg

Back