You in with what?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Pondo I have an old cheapie '80s BMX telescoping suspension fork that I was thinking about, if only because it can't accommodate a head tube taller than 4". Also have a Sunlite Monark-style springer that I could make work, but I DO have a Girvin on a stalled project, too.
Like this?
1682974849799.png

That would be cool. All solid options.

ALREADY 40 BUILDS!!!!!

1682996543976.png

I don't understand what this means. It was "stretched" by a "factory" or it came that way? What frame are you talking about
yes it looks custom but sold as is from factory. it's as long as a tandem bike. but built for 1. my question is can motorized IE gas powered bikes enter and what class?

Attachments

• DSC03352.JPG
    DSC03352.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 0

Attachments

• DSC03352.JPG
    DSC03352.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 0
Okay, I'm in, but I can't come up with a clever name for the bike. That's what is slowing me down from entering. As I mentioned earlier, this build will be sort of a reboot of my Green Machine from a few years ago, but with more of a '70's vibe on a painted Spaceliner frame. Some fauxtina and some shiny too.
What is the ruling on changing names mid build?

Okay, I'm in, but I can't come up with a clever name for the bike. That's what is slowing me down from entering. As I mentioned earlier, this build will be sort of a reboot of my Green Machine from a few years ago, but with more of a '70's vibe on a painted Spaceliner frame. Some fauxtina and some shiny too.
It's been done before

Well, looks like I may need to reassess my plans for the Build Off. My friend Allan might not be available to help me learn how to weld for about 6 weeks, so I'm probably not going to enter Class 2 this year. On top of that, I'm also trying to sort out what to do for class 1 again. The J.C. Higgins I planned to build could still work, but I might have some trouble with the paint, and that's the key feature of that bike. I've got a few other bikes I could build for Class 1, but I either don't have a plan for them yet, or they need some degree of outside help, particularly with fabricating or modifying parts. I still plan to enter something, but at this moment, I'm not sure what.

Latest posts

Back