You in with what?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ingola is Ingola jr in for team Cornwall? I know he has some bikes, but he's an independent agent
logo4team.png

Hi @toro1978
are you in for "Team Europe" this year?
I am starting to think "yes".
I go mentally through my parts storage/junkyard and I have a cheap cruiser frame with bsa BB, that has the seat tube mutilated, so the seating arrangement might be a challenge, which I love. I have a 635 mm rear SS wheel that desperately needs to be trued, so maybe I can finally use the spoke wrench I bought and never used. I do have a diamond frame that I intend to cut so I can make another rear triangle extension. I will probably get one of those pivoting Jerry Springer forks, never rode one. And I have some handlebars, probably will go for a clean build, no brake in the front, no cables.
And I also have this crankset:
IMG_20230427_210023.jpg

That's the type I mean, I have seen them referred to as Jerry Springer fork
View attachment 229580
I had never heard it used that way. I figured it was something like that, eerie coincidence that the celebrity in question passed away yesterday

Aw, maaaan......rear steer, what was I thinking? Actually in the last few days I have started to come up with some ideas that definately wont work (may experiment with them anyway) and a couple of ideas that may work. My biggest issue now is I cant find my second kids "tag-a-long" frame and my goal is to use as many parts I have lying around and the local repurpose place (house stuff junk yard) to keep this low buck.

That's the type I mean, I have seen them referred to as Jerry Springer fork
View attachment 229580

Sooo close...
There is a funny crossover of American pop culture happening here. Jerry Springer was an American celebrity that recently past, and his name lends itself to a pet name for a 'springer' fork.

However, this originated with the Shelby bicycle springer fork. And it was nick named the 'Jimmy Durante' or the 'Schnoz' springer. Jimmy Durante was an American comedian famous for his nose which he referred to as 'Schnozzola'. People then nicknamed him, 'the Schnoz'. The Shelby springer fork looks like a giant nose, and was therefor named the 'Jimmy Durante' or 'the Schnoz' springer.

Screenshot_20230429-152421_Google.jpg

20230429_152627.jpg

Omg you are right. I remember reading about it in the news.

But yeah, I saw them called that around here on RRB. A quick example:
View attachment 229582
😂😂😂 Nice! True indeed. This person was giving their own personal pet names to their parts list.
See where they listed 'Fork Cruiser Abraham Linkage' (Abraham Lincoln). The nickname more widely used, in general, is the one I posted about above ☝️

Lol I know the Abraham Linkage, but had no idea that it is called that just because Linkage and Lincoln. I actually always assumed that Jerry Springer is a dude that came with this particular design and some Abraham fellow came with the other design. I never cared enough to research it, understanding how the mechanics worked was enough for me.

Lol I know the Abraham Linkage, but had no idea that it is called that just because Linkage and Lincoln. I actually always assumed that Jerry Springer is a dude that came with this particular design and some Abraham fellow came with the other design. I never cared enough to research it, understanding how the mechanics worked was enough for me.
A logical conclusion without context 😂

😂😂😂 Nice! True indeed. This person was giving their own personal pet names to their parts list.
See where they listed 'Fork Cruiser Abraham Linkage' (Abraham Lincoln). The nickname more widely used, in general, is the one I posted about above ☝️

"Abraham Linkage" was the marketing name that Felt put on their Monark style springer fork.

Back