24" Terminator

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished relace and true rear wheel with disc brake but OCC fork doesnt have room for disc brake.

1357391334.jpg

1357390374.jpg

I always wondering how my original stance idea at very beginning by make front wheel bracket to bolt on those four holes on OCC fork to drop front end with fangs.

1357529812.jpg

If you lace up that wheel like it sits, that's gonna be one wild rodeo chopper ride. :p :mrgreen:

kingfish254 said:
If you lace up that wheel like it sits, that's gonna be one wild rodeo chopper ride. :p :mrgreen:

Lol I was paint stripped front rusty black wheel to make it match rear wheel and change hub for disc brake. And get new spokes for that bigger hub. But I admit I always liked RRBM's hubless wheels bicycles.

Re: 24

If I remember correctly (probably don't) there's a nut welded in the top of the fork legs and the top plate bolts on (instead of the pinch type of fastener on the lower plate).

Do you weld or have access to someone that does? If so, figure out how much you want to shorten legs, cut that measurement from the top of the legs, and get new nut welded in.

If welding isn't an option, I believe those fork legs are 1 1/8", perhaps a star nut from a threadless headset with work on each leg. They have amazing holding power, if one will hold a stem on, I would think that two splitting the force of the legs would work (this is just a theory,try at your own risk)
These are what I'm talking about...
starnut5.jpg

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Cheers,
Dr. T

MplsCoaster said:
Your bike is really shaping up nice! The discs give it it another modern twist
Would really like to see a set of tires on those rims :wink:

Thank you. Putting disc on this bike is headace. I didnt aligned rear hub right that disc was touching frame. When I aligned rear hub, the wheel is off center again and it has no more threads to redish it now I wish that I installed disc before I trued wheel. For front disc, I had to flip bolt adpater backward and use ring snap to move disc closer to spokes to fit OCC. Then I will need find a way to attract disc pads on but I'm thinking about just use disc for show off and get different brake for stop bike. :roll:

But I rather wait for jerald to redish rear wheel to make sure I did everything right. I'm wondering if jerald will accept money order cuz I'm not allowed to use paypal and credit card.

I never seen how LBS threading and cutting spokes but I'm wondering if they can make threads longer without cutting spokes. So, I can bulleye it then clipping ends off myself. Can it be done? I'm sick of made three trips to LBS to change spokes lenght. Yes, LBS did calculator by measuring my hub and wheel. Yet, its not prefect. I rather get long threaded spokes and clipping myself.

I have a idea for dishing. My spyder monkey has jerald and I measured clearance between rim and chain at low gear. I'm going use that measure to offset terminator chain and rim at low gear. Should work?

1357858607.jpg

1357858500.jpg

Back