*FINISHED* Bonnie, the Randor cruiser frame. First build.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bonnie, the Randor cruiser frame. First build. ALMOST DONE

Ugh... so I've put the BB and the adapter in the shell the wrong way.

I'll have to remove it all and change it round. Brilliant.

Turns out that the drive side (right side) of the bottom bracket is reverse threaded. I thought it was the left side. Whoops.

Re: Bonnie, the Randor cruiser frame. First build. ALMOST DONE

So I swapped the BB and the adapter around and it seems to be working well.

Rewired the rear light as it was being glitchy and then fitted it.

I had to replace to bolts at the back of the headlight as they were way too old to be holding on the rubber mount where it slips on to the bracket on the steer tube.

I'll have to replace the guts of the headlight. The 9V battery is burning out the LED's hahahaha It's working, but the rest of the LED's will burn out soon hahaha

Other than that, the bike is pretty much done!
It rides really smoothly. I changed the 16tooth freewheel to an 18tooth and it's really pleasant to ride.

free image hosting

free image hosting

free image hosting

upload photos

photo hosting sites

images

free image hosting

upload foto

pic upload

photo sharing websites

online photo storage

image sharing

online photo sharing

Re: Bonnie, the Randor cruiser frame. First build **FINISHED**

nice work. did you have to spread the rear stays at all? also how thechain line up and spacing on the chain spoket??

jaysmo said:
nice work. did you have to spread the rear stays at all? also how thechain line up and spacing on the chain spoket??

Cheers.

I didn't have to touch the rear stays. As I understood most frames will be capable of taking a 3inch wide tire. I certainly had no problems.

I guess I was lucky with the rear wheel and the freewheel/sprocket lining up too. The rear wheel is using a small spacer to fill the gap where the gears once were (the 24inch rear wheel came from a kids mountain bike) and the freewheel/sprocket just screwed on to the hub no problem.

The chain line is straight and I don't have any trouble. I didn't do anything special to line it up. I just made sure I got the correct width bottom bracket too.

Hahaa yep, it certainly is fun to ride. I keep looking for excuses to ride it!

This bike is awesome!!! So nicely done! If this is your first you're gonna have a tough time topping it with your second! Very cool!

I usually don't like triple trees, but they fit so well with the stance of your bike that I'm actually reconsidering. That is a really cool ride.

One of my all time favorites! The bar setup genius! I will be copying this. Just too cool.

Pushie Pirate said:
One tough bike, love it, the bars, the lights, the forks, the colour and that
brake handle, where do you get those, way cool bean the whole package!

Thanks for all the kind words, folks!

The brake lever is a Tektro tl720. They came as a pair. I bought them on sale for about $20 I think. eBay have them all the time! They're a bull horn brake lever for time trial bikes.
They fit inner diameter bars of about 20mm. I had to hone out my bar end a fair bit for the lever to fit.

Looks great Tim.
The Bareknuckle Brawler is now hanging in a guy's bar/mancave. he wanted it more than I did and kept offering me more money until I folded.

bean said:
Looks great Tim.
The Bareknuckle Brawler is now hanging in a guy's bar/mancave. he wanted it more than I did and kept offering me more money until I folded.

That's amazing!

I spose all good works of art should be displayed!

Back