Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. bigred407

Burrito bikes!!

Hey all, first of all, sorry if a thread already exists for this but I couldn't see one. If so please delete this thread. Let's see pics of Burrito bikes you have built, friends have built or favourites from around the internet etc. Scouring the local papers and friends and relatives for...
  2. bigred407

Welding - what type do you use?

As per thread title, what type of welder/welding do you guys use to put together custom frames/burrito bikes? The reason I ask is I only really have access to an ARC/Stick type welder & wondered if this may be a little heavy duty for welding bike tubing together? Any input would be gratefully...
  3. bigred407

How to fade chrome/make it dull??

Hi guys, go a little trike build on the go. It has some chrome bars and mudguards I'm looking to make look a lot more corroded or at least lose the shine from it. The rear mudguards are already rusted up a little but wouldn't mind knowing how to hurry it along a little. The bars aren't too bad...
  4. bigred407

bigred407's low budget Powerlite Industries trike build.

I have decided to attempt a hopefully simple and less stressful build while i give my Moulton problems some more thought. This is a cheap little kids trike our son used but has been festering outside for a while now. IMG_0228 by paulfletcher5, on Flickr IMG_0227 by paulfletcher5, on Flickr...
  5. bigred407

Measuring correct stem size??

Hey guys 'n' gals... My project Moulton had a really small one-piece handlebar & stem unit which I have removed and want to replace using an alternative size of stem & bars. My problem is I'm not sure what size or type of stem will fit. The bike has on old school threaded headset and threaded...
  6. bigred407

Where do you guys get ideas or draw inspiration from?

Hi guys, as you can see, I'm a relatively new member to the site. I am in the process of stripping my 1960's Moulton Mini, to rebuild as a modified/rat bike version in some shape or form. It might not be the best base for a project only having 14" wheels and not being a full sized Moulton, but...
  7. bigred407

Need to fill in some holes in my Moultonframe & wheel advice needed.

Hey guys, as per my thread in the build section, I have a Moulton Mini I'm currently stripping down to rat/rod out. The frame used to have a plastic chainguard, which I have cut off and disguarded. I am now left with three threaded holes in the frame which are now redundant. Just wondering...
  8. bigred407

Unkown year Moulton Mini - ideas welcome!

Half build thread, half bike intro here. As mentioned in my intro thread I said I'd post pics of the bike to show what it's like and maybe get some ideas from you guys? I'm looking to rod it not restore it. Anyway here are some pics: I hope these pics work, I'm useless at this sort of...
  9. bigred407

Nooob intro, Scotland U.K.

Hey guys, joined the forum yesterday after browsing the facebook page for a while. I love the style of bikes that are turned out by you guys here, not such a popular thing here where I stay though....:arghh: I recently bought myself a Moulton Mini as my first bike to tinker with, I will post...
Back