(MBBO#04 Class 2) PEDRO. (PEDRO GOT A NEW OWNER!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any difference between 3 and 4?
I think #4 is just the tiniest bit straighter...#3 is the curved one, but terminated at the top tubes.
Rusty is right, 3 is curved down to the canti bars, 4 is straight. Hard to see it on those small pics...
Hard to perceive any difference between 3 and 4 but those both look good. I kind of like the look of 2 but it is a bit cleaner with the front tube of the seat stopping at the top tube. You won't go wrong with any of those.
Thanks Chad!
#4 : All the way.:emo::thumbsup:
Thanks KJV!
I like the curve in 3 then 4

Building... riding...
Thanks MChewy!

Here is 3 and 4 bigger pics to help show the difference:

21705414539_1493d9baaf_z.jpg

21901930751_f838f70a34_z.jpg

I was preferring the straight version when I went to bed last night, but I am leaning more towards the curved one now...

Luke.

Is the front lip of the seat the angle built in to the skateboard? If so then I'd say go with it...or option 5, the reverse curve blending into the top tubes. The curve doesn't have to be severe either, subtle bending to match existing seat and tubing... looks GREAT so far!

Carl.

bloke, I reckon it'll all come down to how you meet up with the seat tube, as it stands you've got sharp angle at the rear so the #4 look would work up front.. but with all the curves on this Creature #3 seems like the appropriate fit.. aah decisions decisions.. either way looks great man..

#3 looks best to me. But go with whichever one suits any other plans you might have up your sleeve. We all know you always have lots of things up your sleeves besides your arms :nod:

Glen.

No progress today, spent the day with family.
Tomorrow is the first fire ban day of the season, very early this year, but that is because of high winds.

So no work on the bike tomorrow, but Wednesday is looking good! :thumbsup:

Luke.

Very annoyed at the moment... :envy:

Fire ban day yesterday due to high winds and higher temps.
No fire ban today but it is still high winds, but now freezing cold... We are less than half the temperature of yesterday... :confused:

The winds will slow down at 9pm, if the temps are ok then I might go out and do some work under the lights, but otherwise, it looks like no progress again today...

Thankfully my mid October deadline may be moved back a few weeks, so that is good, going to need it at this rate! Still up in the air with timing, really hope I have something ridable to enter by the time I have to stop...

Luke.

Still thinking on the seat...

Current version I am liking:

21705414539_1493d9baaf_z.jpg

A couple of other options I am thinking about will require moving the rear of the frame curve forward into the standard seat post position and fitting either a fairly standard style but larger custom skateboard banana seat or even just a standard cruiser seat.

Both of those would allow seat adjustment which is cool for getting the family to ride, but more importantly a better view of the frame and wheels, rather than pulling focus away from them, so I may end up going in that direction.

21828324818_270af04a12_z.jpg

21393381814_c4f0f0bd08_z.jpg

The bike would still fit the rules as it will get ape hangers and the rear tire is marginally wider than the front... ;)

Luke.

I don't think #1 detracts at all! This is just a slightly custom bike... (wink) So my vote is to go with one and keep the custom going. Looking great, Luke.

Latest posts

Back