█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex 7/11 New Headlight (s) Plural

Walle wallE!!

I'll play around with my Wall-E Cajone lights soon. But I am pretty certain this is the route I am finally going with the front lights.

On a different note. I got the Rollfast twin tube and Firecat forks from jpromo along with some other stuff. He was able to find the right bearing cone and lock nut that I need for my 1948 CWC Dogleg crank, so it will be going on flexy soon.

I also got this jeweled star chainring from him. I don't think it's right for this build, but it would be cool if I could find some very small button lights (with watch batteries) that I could put behind the jewels.

temporary-15.jpg

Get a space helmet and a Santa suit. Cuz your gonna be lit up like an X-mas tree!! Kwazy Wratter with ya big ideas=More Votes!! YBJ2B!!!

Jake Sensi said:
Get a space helmet and a Santa suit. Cuz your gonna be lit up like an X-mas tree!! Kwazy Wratter with ya big ideas=More Votes!! YBJ2B!!!

LOL!!!! Santa's Spaceship!!!!!!
Naw, I know I'm not going with the lit up chainring for this build.
I'm not throwing stuff on for votes. I get what I get in that regard.
This is going to be my rider, so I'm not shooting for over the top, but I am shooting for wickedly cool.
I have always loved those old double lights that some of the classic bikes had. Once I realized that the driving light that ChrisMac used was actually smaller and a pair, I had to have it.
IBJ2B!!!!

bike2112 said:
King, did you steal the juice I was sippin on the other night reading bed time stories. That is an awesome idea! Especially at night pedaling!!!!!!

B, do you mean the jeweled chainring lights?
I just don't think I am doing them on this build. I'm already going to have the lit up chainguard louvers.

bike2112 said:
kingfish254 said:
bike2112 said:
King, did you steal the juice I was sippin on the other night reading bed time stories. That is an awesome idea! Especially at night pedaling!!!!!!

B, do you mean the jeweled chainring lights?
I just don't think I am doing them on this build. I'm already going to have the lit up chainguard louvers.

No, I meant in general on any build you do.

LOL, Thanks! I use a little Kick-A-Poo Joy Juice for all of my inspiration.

25 pages to go to hit 100 build pages, can you do it before the end of the build off? I'm up to 12 and thinking about deleting some stuff so I have even less. :mrgreen:

yoothgeye said:
25 pages to go to hit 100 build pages, can you do it before the end of the build off? I'm up to 12 and thinking about deleting some stuff so I have even less. :mrgreen:

Pages and views don't mean much to me. Heck half the views are problably from me trying to figure out what I need to do.
It just kinda happened that way. I do know that I have received useful feedback when I have shared my mockups, so no regrets.

kingfish254 said:
Pages and views don't mean much to me. Heck half the views are problably from me trying to figure out what I need to do.

I know but it would be pretty cool to say that you accumulated 100 pages in one thread in only 3 months, it will be a pretty cool accomplishment especially in the shadow of me winning the #1 trophy.

Keeping pace to have a zero dollar build. Just sold a seat , bars, and seat bag that more than cover what I spent on the new lights and other stuff I bought the past week.

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:

I know but it would be pretty cool to say that you accumulated 100 pages in one thread in only 3 months, it will be a pretty cool accomplishment especially in the shadow of me winning the #1 trophy.

It would be pretty cool I guess, but I have a feeling that is going a very small shadow. :wink: :!:

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex 7/12 TwinLights Placement

Thanks guys for the feedback on the TwinLights.

I am going to mount them on the front truss brace on either side of the 54 Chevy Eagle head.

WP_002276.jpg

WP_002271.jpg

WP_002272.jpg

WP_002273.jpg

WP_002274.jpg

WP_002275.jpg

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex 7/12 Floating MF Tank???

After deciding the front headlight positions, I started thinking about wiring. Then I remembered one of my favorite BO6 builds Tri-Polar and his floating tank. Hmmmmmm could that work for me and what would it look like???????

6020142715_86c6213746.jpg

I had the tank from the ladies (MF) Metor Flite that the backend came from. The Spaceliner frame has a little lip off on the back end of the headtube for mounting tanks. The MF tank was already angle as you see it to bisect the angle of the Spaceliner tubes.

If I use this it will be painted anodized red and probably have some graphics, striping, or leterring on it.

Here are the mockups.

WP_002291.jpg

WP_002292.jpg

WP_002290.jpg

WP_002289.jpg

WP_002288.jpg

WP_002281-1.jpg

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex 7/12 Polished Dogleg + Star Ring

Thanks to jpromo, I can use the dogleg, so I cleaned up the dogleg and star chainring on the wire wheel and then polished them up a little.

WP_002294.jpg

WP_002296.jpg

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex 7/12 Flame On Guard Louvers

Finally found the right opaque red plastic I wanted for the chainguard louvers.

Man this brought memories of "book reports".
Ignore the flame stickers. My first attempt involved those between the louvers and red plastic (FAIL).
(By the way, the stickers along with some other ones where on the clearance end cap at Advance Auto for only a buck a sheet!!!!)

WP_002293.jpg

But my second attempt gets flying colors!!!

WP_002302.jpg

WP_002301.jpg

WP_002299.jpg

I still need to mount the LEDs to the upper inside of the guard.

kingfish254 said:
Keeping pace to have a zero dollar build. Just sold a seat , bars, and seat bag that more than cover what I spent on the new lights and other stuff I bought the past week.

I received a great compliment from the guy that bought the Serfas Rx seat from me. When he looked at the chainguard exhaust closely, he told me, "great welds". LOL, Then I told him they were attached with dowel rods and screws.

Brilliant idea on using the notebook to dissipate the light, it looks great.

yoothgeye said:
Brilliant idea on using the notebook to dissipate the light, it looks great.

Thanks, it took a while to find the right one. Most were too thin or too clear or too pink or purple.

Peatbog said:
You could probably just enter the chain guard as your build and get votes.

Thanks peat, one big thing that I really need to do is mount up the dogleg and the chainguard and make sure the crank doesn't hit. Can't believe I did think of verifying this before.

Then I need to mount the LEDs and power/switch them.

Any opinions on the floating tank idea from teh previous page?

WP_002281-1.jpg

Back