█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlexSpaceliner 7/9 Firecat Fork??????

GTM!! get to mocking

While I'm a HUGE fan of triple tree forks in terms of styling but also 'feedback' and feel, I'm not sure they're 'spacey' enough for the feel of Flexy. The beehive looks more 'space age' to me. Unless you're thinking about mating the triple tree to the springer portion, now THAT would be something to see!

Just my .02

That being said, you know we all love mock-ups! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Dr. T

dogdart said:
You need to save those forks for another build . You've come to far with the current front end :!:

Aw, c'mon, I think we need 10 pages of mockups with the Firecats on Flexy. :shock:

I thought you were just talking about mocking up the handlebars on your bike... not the fork.

yoothgeye said:
I thought you were just talking about mocking up the handlebars on your bike... not the fork.

No worries guys, I was just pulling your legs about the Firecat forks.

I am NOT planning on swapping out the front end or the handlebars on Flex-Liner!

I just purchased them from jpromo in the ForSale section and wanted to share them. I think they will be very cool on some future 26" build, but not for Flexy!!!

Sorry, no dual suspension chopper mockups anytime soon. Maybe next year!!!!!! I did pick up a cool twin tube Snyder Rollfast frame with a wide rear end from jpromo along with the forks and another Star chainring!!!

kingfish254 said:
I did pick up a cool twin tube Snyder Rollfast frame with a wide rear end from jpromo along with the forks and another Star chainring!!!

I saw that frame. I have a Hawthorne that is very similar. I am not sure mine is wide enough in back to run a 3", but I haven't tried it. I love the look of the frame. Thinking about a Schwinn type springer with a skinny tire in front.

hawthorne1.jpg

Terry66 said:
kingfish254 said:
I did pick up a cool twin tube Snyder Rollfast frame with a wide rear end from jpromo along with the forks and another Star chainring!!!

I saw that frame. I have a Hawthorne that is very similar. I am not sure mine is wide enough in back to run a 3", but I haven't tried it. I love the look of the frame. Thinking about a Schwinn type springer with a skinny tire in front.

Sweet frame!!! I have always loved the way Snyder's rear end curves around the fender brace area. Someone had some photos measuring the rear width. It might have even been you. The 24x3's aren't really 3" so I think they will fit.

kingfish254 said:
Terry66 said:
kingfish254 said:

Sweet frame!!! I have always loved the way Snyder's rear end curves around the fender brace area. Someone had some photos measuring the rear width. It might have even been you. The 24x3's aren't really 3" so I think they will fit.

I haven't really had the time to measure mine. I found it on CL, brought it home and parked it and haven't touched it since. I am hoping it will fit a fat tire. My concern is the lower chain stays being wide enough. If I get home in time, I'll slap a ThickBrick on there.

It was skipton that had one. (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=31776&p=571571#p571571)
He shows photos of upper and lower stay measurements at just under 3".

Pretty cool, you have a Hawthorne, I have a Rollfast, and Skipton has a Mowhawk.

█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlexSpaceliner 7/9 CWC Dogleg Star Ring

Looks like my dogleg nut and bearing cone issues should be resolved.
While buying some stuff from jpromo's latest hoard purchase, he was able to find some that should fit. He even had a CWC dogleg with the same markings to try them on.

Now I will be able to use the dogleg with my AMF Star ring.

WP_002065.jpg

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlexSpaceliner 7/9 CWC Dogleg Star ring

bike2112 said:
King- PM sent!

Thanks for the help man!

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlexSpaceliner 7/9 Light Mock Ups

Thanks for putting up with my Firecat forks. I just had to share getting such an usual item with everyone.

Jpromo is awesome to work with. You should check out the stuff he has for sale.

Well, when I got home I decided to mock up a few lighting options.

You've seen the spotlight (which I am still very fond of using).

WP_002233.jpg

WP_002234.jpg

WP_002235.jpg

I played around with one of the desk lamps as a faux fender rear light. Kinda big. Maybe I will have a smaller light with these brackets or just use the brackets by themselves as a faux fender.

WP_002218.jpg

WP_002220.jpg

With just a slight bit of trimming I could put this speedo flush right into the slingshot.
WP_002221.jpg

Option 1 is Spotlight

Option 2 is desk lamp mounted from stem

WP_002224.jpg

WP_002223.jpg

Option 3 is slender peatbog light

WP_002227.jpg

WP_002229.jpg

Option 4 is desk lamp mounted high

WP_002231.jpg

Option 5 is desk lamp mounted like faux front fender

WP_002237.jpg

WP_002238.jpg

Silly Option 6 is desk lamp mounted in front of BB

WP_002245.jpg

Oo sweet speedo placement! It looks like it was born there.

Jake Sensi said:
Oo sweet speedo placement! It looks like it was born there.

Jake, all I need to do is carve out a little bit front the top and it will drop perfectly into the slingshot. I don't have any plans to hook it up, but I am thinking about changing the faceplate a little. Didn't you do that last year?

Peatbog said:
Even if there is only one of them...

SO FAR!!!!!

I say go with all the light options, desklamps front and back and front of BB, spotlight, and little light.

I want to see you ride your bike in the rain and watch all the taped on parts and printer paper leaving a trail behind you. :lol:

bike2112 said:
yoothgeye said:
I want to see you ride your bike in the rain and watch all the taped on parts and printer paper leaving a trail behind you. :lol:

Oh M Geeee, that was the funniest mean thing I have read in a long time.

King, you gonna take that? LOL

B, I think it is hilarious too!!!! :D
Good one yooth!
I'll gladly waste a little time taping something on and snapping a photo to work through the look that I want.
I assume most of you guys do it to. I just happen to share my mockups with everyone.
It's how I dooose what I dooose and I ain't gonna change!!!! :mrgreen:

The desk lamps look aerodynamic. I like option 2 on front but it might look better flipped (so longer part is on top kinda like a visor).

Man, watching your build is like watching 5 at the same time! Keep sharing the mockups, I get ideas from them :mrgreen:

I try to share mockups when I'm needing advice, Rg

Back