█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlexSpaceliner 7/9 Light Mock Ups

raggedjim said:
The desk lamps look aerodynamic. I like option 2 on front but it might look better flipped (so longer part is on top kinda like a visor).

Man, watching your build is like watching 5 at the same time! Keep sharing the mockups, I get ideas from them :mrgreen:

I try to share mockups when I'm needing advice, Rg

RG, Thanks for the input. Of the desk lamp options, I think I like Option 2 as well and if I use that I wil definitely have the hood on top. I still go back to the big honkin spotlight though. I just don't know.

What do you think about the rear faux fender arms? The light it too big, but I am kinda digging the arms. Maybe have something smaller attached at the ends. THOUGHTS??

Sometimes my bike feels like 5 different builds!!! I really get a lot out of the discussion the mockups cause.

Hey kingfish Flexy is looking good...
I think Option 2 & 3 IF.... if you don't go with the big spotlight, I still like that best...
But if you go smaller lights and do the faux fender and light in the back, i believe that'd be the perfect spot to put the wings in back....
The wings could be placed at the base of the faux fender, thereby making them somewhat level with the wings up front as well.
Heck you could go spotlight up front and desk lamp ,which is a bit big, but in comparison with the spotlight up front wouldn't look out of place...
I've been gone for almost a week and just got done reading everything so ... Don't touch the stem or bars They're perfect,,,, Speedo is cool, don't hook it up you don't need anything else hanging down the front of the bike ...
Oh Chaingaurd is killer, can't wait to see you actually paint it, no missle though...
Please try the wings in conjunction with the faux back fender and light,to be honest I'm thinking they;re looking somewhatout of place and too busy anywhere else on the backend now that you have your chaingaurd down there...
Keep building will love it any ole way you finish it...

spotlight for sure an smaller light on the stem fender on the rear is cool

kingfish254 said:
I assume most of you guys do it to. I just happen to share my mockups with everyone.
It's how I dooose what I dooose and I ain't gonna change!!!! :mrgreen:

Nope, not me, when I mock up I just weld stuff to the bike, but the other day while building I got thirsty, it was hot so I was a little confused, and right now the bike is welded to the fridge. :|

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:
I assume most of you guys do it to. I just happen to share my mockups with everyone.
It's how I dooose what I dooose and I ain't gonna change!!!! :mrgreen:

Nope, not me, when I mock up I just weld stuff to the bike, but the other day while building I got thirsty, it was hot so I was a little confused, and right now the bike is welded to the fridge. :|

Sounds like a perfect beer bike now!!!!

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlexSpclner 7/10 TwinFlex Spring Light

I just thought of a perfect rear accent light to show off the TwinFlex rear suspension.
It could actually work as my tailight pretty well too.

Take the 50 cent yard sale red LED strip

WP_001643.jpg

And mount it inside of the cocktail shaker rear spring hood

WP_002178.jpg

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlexSpclner 7/10 TwinFlex Spring Light

bike2112 said:
Hey King. That's a rock solid idea on the lights in the shaker. That will look awesome ridin' around in the night with one of those red "togo" cups. Dang, that chainguard is looking good dude. Personal fav!

Thanks B, when I got home I coiled up the LEDs and slid them in there. Pretty slick!!!! I may need a slimmer LED strip, but this looks sweeeeeettttt!!!
With this, I really don't need another tailight unless I just want one for looks.
It is very bright.

WP_002247.jpg

WP_002248.jpg

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ 7/10 TwinFlex Spring Light FLAME ON!

YBJ2B!! YA BUILD IS SO KRAZY!! MAJOR VOTES A COMIN'!!

Jake Sensi said:

Yo Buildheart!!! Thanks man, I am really digging your latest update too!! There was a lot going on there and I am going to have to go back and meditate on all your new stuff.

bike2112 said:
Daaaaaaang, now that is really cool!

Thanks man!!! I think so too. :wink:

WP_002247.jpg

WP_002248.jpg

kingfish254 said:
Jake Sensi said:

Yo Buildheart!!! Thanks man, I am really digging your latest update too!! There was a lot going on there and I am going to have to go back and meditate on all your new stuff.
Meditate?!? Am I rubbing off on ya! :mrgreen: You need to crank up that Robert Plant's "Now and Zen's" -Heaven Knows and GTB!! Peace

So where is the LED strip power supply located? Neat light idea!

MazdaFlyer said:
So where is the LED strip power supply located? Neat light idea!

Haven't gotten that far yet. I have so much space near the kickstand because of the offset of the wheel, that I might build a low box there.

I also played with the faux fender bars and the light buddy fish float as a tailight on the end of it. I don't know if I still like the bars. It's hard to say in a small shop.

WP_002255.jpg

WP_002254.jpg

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex 7/11 New Headlight (s) Plural

Made a trip to Advance Auto tonight.

I was inspired by Tanksalot's headlights

0021.jpg

And Chrismac's new "old" light that he got at Advance Auto.

BOLight2.jpg

I love the look of these and felt that they would really fit the Spaceliner vibe as well as the 40s vibe of some of the parts.
I plan to do a little mod on them, but had to take a couple of test photos of them on Flexy.

WP_002257.jpg

WP_002256.jpg

WP_002260.jpg

WP_002259.jpg

Those look great! I like them low on the wings, they look a little Wall-E mounted high, ya know?

Just my .02

Build on!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Lookin real good! I like the lights but if I can give you my ignaent opinion, the lights right on top of the ornament makes things a bit crowded. I vote for a little bit of distance like the second pic. My 2 pesos :mrgreen: Bike lookin kick butt!

this bike is incredible and it just keeps getting better!!

Back