█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex 8/1 GITCHAZZ 2C Page 100 Update!!!

Bigdaddy772 said:
Yeah what they said!!! WOW time to jam a little Cold Beverage from G Love!! 8) 8)

kingfish254 said:
Dude??!!!
How did you know that I was a BIG G Love fan? Maybe I posted it one time. He is the second coolest thing to come from Philly. (Jake being the first) !!!!

CHEERS!!!! You can see in the mega post that I did after yours, that I LIKE COLD BEVERAGES,,,UH HUH!!!!!!

Bigdaddy772 said:
HAHA It came on Pandora as I was looking in on you!!! Love me some G Love and Special Sauce. Cheers to a job very well done!! 8) 8)

Thanks man. I had never heard of G, until he came a year or to ago for the art college free concert on the park only 4 blocks from my house. I think that was pre RRB for me, so I rode my Dahon Jetstream down to the concert (with the same "cold beverage" bottle that I use today).

kingsting said:
This thing is great! I love all the details on it!!!! 8)

Thanks man!!!!

I can't wait to get the whiskey flask battery pack done and the muscle bike stick shift re-installed.

Thanks peat!
I love this seat!!! It really sets the bike of well. Amazing that I didn't even know I had it a few says ago.

I love this photo. It doesn't show much of the seat, but you can still see the teeth.

Another item that no one has really noticed and I love are the front fork blades that mimic the rear dropouts. To me they just complete those fat fork blades.

IMG_7975.jpg

...., 101 pages. I'm hoping I can stretch mine to 10 by the time I'm done!

kingfish254 said:
Thanks peat!
Another item that no one has really noticed and I love are the front fork blades that mimic the rear dropouts. To me they just complete those fat fork blades.

I noticed that yesterday, that's a cool detail. The whole thing is just kick-... cool.

expjawa said:
dang, 101 pages. I'm hoping I can stretch mine to 10 by the time I'm done!

kingfish254 said:
Thanks peat!

I noticed that yesterday, that's a cool detail. The whole thing is just kick-butt cool.

Thanks buddy. But I beleive the correct term is "BITE BUTT COOL". :p

IMG_7970.jpg

Yeah, yep - I'll concede to that. Although "butt" isn't what I actually typed...

I wonder how long your paintwork on the saddle will hold up to riding. No rough or course fabric pants!

expjawa said:
Yeah, yep - I'll concede to that. Although "butt" isn't what I actually typed...

I wonder how long your paintwork on the saddle will hold up to riding. No rough or course fabric pants!

I laid down a LOT of clear. We'll see. I can always repaint. Or I could take the seat off and hang it on the wall as art.

This bike is absolutely rediculous (in a good way). I did notice the drops on that front fork but hadn't gotten to the last page yet to comment on them. They look great, I love the subtlety of them, it looks like it was original to the bike but those that have a true interest will notice and appreciate it even more. Again bike looks awesome, way to go.

hey found a new background for my computer thanks! your bike is the work of a true craftsmen

someguy83 said:
This bike is absolutely rediculous (in a good way). I did notice the drops on that front fork but hadn't gotten to the last page yet to comment on them. They look great, I love the subtlety of them, it looks like it was original to the bike but those that have a true interest will notice and appreciate it even more. Again bike looks awesome, way to go.

Thanks dude, I can't wait to get it out in the sun and see it. But first I need to get the shifter reinstalled and the battery pack done.

jats said:
hey found a new background for my computer thanks! your bike is the work of a true craftsmen

WOW!!! Thats pretty cool because I already changed my desktop wallpaper to the side view last night.

I'm just someone that is good at redneck engineering that is having fun. Thanks for the mega compliment!!!!

Kingfish...your bike is SWEEET!! 8) 8) Great colors and parts :p

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Kingfish...your bike is SWEEET!! 8) 8) Great colors and parts :p

Thanks man. I finally remembered where I got the seat from. It was part of the deal when I bought the 78 Typhoon and 60s Skyrider for $20 total a couple of years ago. I have used the Skyrider star chainring on both BEER RUN and now Flexy. I used the Typhoon frame for BEER RUN. and now the seat for Flexy.

bike2112 said:
Hey King, guess what....your bike ROCKS dude! I can't wait to cruise downtown Savannah and pub run on our rides!

Come on down!

Thanks man!

Metal seat and clubmans are right up my alley. This bike has really evolved over the last 101 pages, haha!

LBCJ said:
Metal seat and clubmans are right up my alley. This bike has really evolved over the last 101 pages, haha!

Thanks man!

It's been a work of fun and love. I was on vacation in SE Asia for the first couple of weeks of BO7. Heck we're lucky it's not 150 pages!!!!!
What can I say? I am a huge fan of mock up photos!

From this:

IMAGE_347.jpg

To this:

WP_001573.jpg

To this:

IMG_7962.jpg

OK so take some photos and meet us in the finished thread. Do it.

yoothgeye said:
OK so take some photos and meet us in the finished thread. Do it.

It ain't done yet!!!!! I still gotta shift it and be able to power the guard and TwinFlex rear springer lights.

Here is a fun photo for you all that shows one of my first builds ever. My brother found this photo of me working on my Screamer 2. This is when I had replaced the 16" forks with some 26" forks. I can tell since it doesn't have a pedal on it or the shifter, I must have just finished lacing up the new rim to the 3 speed hub and was putting every back together.

EDIT: I also remember that I used the same type of foil tape that you have seen me do mock up with on that bike. It is stretched between the sissy bar posts below the nanner.

EDIT 2: Actually those forks aren't 26". This is when I had cut the forks off of a 20" bike and just shoved my 16" forks into them. Later I replaced this with a 26" fork.

SCREAMER2Bikec-Copy.jpg

Back