█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex 8/2 Screamer Shifter WhiskyAGoGo

kingfish254 said:
expjawa said:
I don't know if anyone noticed that I used the shot glass jigger from the same cocktail shaker that I used for the TwinFlex rear spring cover.

I saw that it was there, figured it was just a curious bit of ornamentation...

Like so many of my doodads, it is a curious bit of ornamentation. I have really thought of any functional use for this, but I thought it went well with the flask and the cocktail shaker. I am just decorating a little. Maybe if I noodle on it more, I will think of a funtional purpose for it as well.

guess it would be a little hard to tip the bike for a shot but boy that would be epic! love the shifter and like the old non index shifters better anyway they take more skill but have less problems

jats said:
love the shifter and like the old non index shifters better anyway they take more skill but have less problems

Glad you like the shifter man. Nothing like old school muscle! It shifts as smooth as Barry White on Satin Sheets.

Now that I changed the scale on my shifter, it means I have an 11 speed instead of a 7. :p

WP_000237.jpg

jats said:
guess it would be a little hard to tip the bike for a shot but boy that would be epic!

That would be cool seeing someone do a shot from their build.

Maybe I can just use a giant straw.

218414044_af59f5df4f.jpg

bike2112 said:
King, please stop being creative. You are making my life miserable. LOL. Dude, love the flask and shot glass.

Thats not a flask, it's a Whisky-A-Go-Go Power Pack, and the shot glass, well it's still a shot glass (for now). :p

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex 8/1 GITCHAZZ 2C Page 100 Update!!!

Peatbog said:
Kingfish, Sunday night 11PM:

Can%27t%20stop%20thinking%20cartoon.gif

NOW THAT'S FUNNY! :lol: :lol:

104 pages :!: :?: :!: :?: :roll:

Bike is looking great love the color combo!
:mrgreen:

Thanks Skipton. I like the chrome and red too.
It just seems natural for a Spaceliner.

But at least they have been an entertaining 104 pages, or have I just been amusing myself?

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex 8/3 Dedicated to "MA" R.I.P.

Hello all of my build brothers. Flex-Liner 7 is being dedicated to my sweetheart of a grandmother "MA". She passed away just a few hours ago just a couple of months shy of 94 years old. We have been expecting the news (only just recently), but that doesn't make you any more ready for it. MA was one of those rare people that had the purest of hearts and was as close to an angel walking this earth as anyone ever knew. My brother and I were blessed to have gotten to spend most of our childhood summers with her in Carlisle, PA (before there was any car show). Peatbog and I may have even crossed bike paths back in those days. I was blessed to grow up knowing both sets of grandparents and three of my great-grandparents. That era came to an end tonight, but that ain't bad for a man of 51.

During the short time of our build off, I have followed every build that was started and I have been saddened by the amount of "real life" pain that we have shared with our brethren. I didn't expect it to hit so close to home so soon until a week and a half ago when we heard that MA's body was shutting down. But on that very same day she was having a good day and as I spoke to her on the phone, she sounded as strong as ever, and just as loving as ever as she reminded me how she passed her newborn first grandson (me) around the living room for all of her friends to share.

Just as my other build brothers have done, I will use my build for a little grief therapy and finish it off and take photos this weekend.

Cue up Will the Circle be Unbroken and raise your glasses to Mary B!
An angel that walked this earth and finally got her wings tonight! So don't be too sad, Heaven is a much brighter place now!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bRJLkNqNXI

GOD BLESS YOU MA!!!

Also if you want to remember loved ones in a somber, but sometimes humorous vein, cue up Lyle Lovett's "Family Reserve".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWtaKSzSJEU

bike2112 said:
King,

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours. She sounds like a wonderful person and very nice dedication.

Mike

Thanks a ton Mike. She was indeed. I attribute just as many of my good qualities to her as I do anyone else!!!

bike2112 said:
kingfish254 said:
bike2112 said:
King,

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours. She sounds like a wonderful person and very nice dedication.

Mike

Thanks a ton Mike. She was indeed. I attribute just as many of my good qualities to her as I do anyone else!!!

All the good memories, just imagine her ridin wheelies up and down the street on beer run! God Bless brother!

Thanks brudderman, I needed that!

Peatbog said:
Sorry to hear about your grandmother. You and your family have my sympathy. All those summers together are something to hold onto.

Thank you peat, no doubt about that. My brother and I were reliving some of those tonight.

So sorry for your loss! :( Prayers are with you in these tough times. Cherish the memories!

Kingfish
Sorry to hear about your MA.
Sounds like a cool person to know
She'll always be alive in your memories
Take Care
Steve

pick said:
So sorry for your loss! :( Prayers are with you in these tough times. Cherish the memories!

Thanks very much pick, nothing but good memories of her and her impact on my life. She has always been one of my idols.

Sounds like you had some awesome memories with her. Cherish them.

MplsCoaster said:
Kingfish
Sorry to hear about your MA.
Sounds like a cool person to know
She'll always be alive in your memories
Take Care
Steve

Steve, thanks for your support. She was a pure heart. She was also an artist that didn't start painting until she was my age after rheumatoid arthritis went into remission. She would have loved this bike and the fact that I hand painted the guard and seat.

yoothgeye said:
Sounds like you had some awesome memories with her. Cherish them.

More special memories than I can count Justin. Thanks, I will.

someguy83 said:
My condolences to you and yours. May you always keep the memories of those good times you shared.
Alan Thede Jr

Thanks Alan, I was very blessed to have been given such a wonderful lady as my grandmother. I am extremely thankful!

Gold Street Customs said:
Sorry for your loss.

Thanks gold. To steal your sig and meld it with mikes comment.

On the 8th day MA popped a wheelie on BEER RUN and rode that mutha all the way to Heaven!

You rock MA! God Bless You!

Back