A Proper Rat Rod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The whole ‘axle difference’ was bugging me last night: on this thread, page 1, I captured the left side axle and crank arm pretty well:

I’m thinking somehow, the wrong axle was in there ‘cause this don’t look like any of the other Raleigh’s I have!!!!!
CA30C521-8780-4A32-B2C7-C67765491901.jpeg

I was going to do this in 2 tone fauxtina:
Black and color matching green to match the fenders.
Any input ?
I can't tell from the dissembled parts but if you're fading the whole bike from top to bottom black-green-black like you did the fork, which I really like, I'd love to see what you do with the fauxtina. And you can easily paint it black if you don't like it.

I’m with @OddJob on this; I’m going to have a lot of different colors on this thing.

My fauxtina on the fork goes up and fades black into green.

(thanks also for your angle and input on this @Ride 'em High)

I wanted the basket framing black to match the bike, then do the webbing in Raleigh green: this would push the fauxtina fade up, green into black, which is the opposite of the fork, which when mixed with all the other colors, might look overly busy.

Long story short baskets are black!
443DE27F-CB56-44C5-B8E2-03A988E0E1EC.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m with @OddJob on this; I’m going to have a lot of different colors on this thing.

My fauxtina on the fork goes up and fades black into green.

(thanks also for your angle and input on this @Ride 'em High)

I wanted the basket framing black to match the bike, then do the webbing in Raleigh green: this would push the fauxtina fade up, green into black, which is the opposite of the fork, which when mixed with all the other colors, might look overly busy.

Long story short baskets are black!
View attachment 238353
Funny you read @OddJob's recommendation as a negative. Seems you'd already made up your mind. =)

Funny you read @OddJob's recommendation as a negative. Seems you'd already made up your mind. =)
Actually, the opposite! I REALLY wanted the 2 tone fauxtina baskets…. Your pointing out of the fauxtina on the fork and reference on the fade green to black on the bike as a whole made me rethink and compare the forks vs the baskets!

If the fade was going in the same direction, I’d be all in: I’d committed And do think the frame of the baskets should match the frame on the bike .

This handcuffed me into the all black baskets due to the clash in fade direction in comparison to the fork.

The all black will be cool, but not as dramatic as a 2 tone basket.

I’m looking for a green seat bag to keep the ‘fauxtina up-greens’ flowing

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back