DOUBLE NICKLE and DR.T's AUCTION RAT!( pics pics pics!!!!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DOUBLE NICKLE and DR.T's AUCTION RAT!(New Pics!!!!!11/13)

if you are careful the element can be drilled out of the back and two leds can be inserted and glued into place.... much patience is needed but it is possible.... that is what is done to the light on this bike... I wish I had close ups to show you but all is wrecked now....

IMG_2746.jpg

Hmmm.....interesting. It may be difficult to see from Skipton's pic but I may be able to drill/enlarge the holes where the filament arms enter..hmmm...Since the bulb is burned out (wouldn't work when i plugged it in to my car cigarette lighter), I guess I don't have anything to lose, right?

light004.jpg

Yes... pull bulb out and drill out both places where filament enters.... you will need a carbide tip bit... just lightly tap at it when drilling... not a constant full on drill.... you just want to eat away a little at a time... hard to explain i am sorry.... slip the teo leds through holes and hot glue into place... makes it solid but also removable in case you have to replace... trust me once you have drilled one out you wont want to do another because a light burns out...

Dr. Tankenstein said:
OH! By the way, I received your envelope yesterday! Cool stuff! The magazine, the patch, the buttons, etc... They are going to be a GREAT extra prize for the winner. I think I'm going to wait to post pics of them until the auction...anticipation, no?

I'm going to try to paint the chainguard with the masking decal this week...stay tuned...

Cheers!
Dr. T

Good to hear! All the way across the atlantic... I always worry about these things. Because of the deadline and all.
You're right. don't post pics of the little extra's It's supposed to be a small surprise for 'the winner'. Just take out two of the three smaal magazines for you and Double Nickle. Have you noticed my work on pages 44-46? :wink:

Glad you liked it.
Good luck with painting the guard!

garagegoon said:
Yes... pull bulb out and drill out both places where filament enters.... you will need a carbide tip bit... just lightly tap at it when drilling... not a constant full on drill.... you just want to eat away a little at a time... hard to explain i am sorry.... slip the teo leds through holes and hot glue into place... makes it solid but also removable in case you have to replace... trust me once you have drilled one out you wont want to do another because a light burns out...
This is what I was thinking of doing.....Keep up the great work! :D
Glad you got the light!!!!

As long as you guys are sure it goes on the bike, I would do it.

Give me a PM.

Just glad I have a chance to be included.

Made some progress on the headlight. Sorry but this was the only pic that was usable. Basically, once I cut the leads off and pulled the filament arms out, the holes left were pretty large. Large enough in fact, the bulbs from a string of Christmas lights fit in them! So, now I've got to find some LEDs, a switch and a battery holder, I think (never did this before). :mrgreen:
DSCF2376.jpg

Cheers!
Dr. T

Dr T
Looking good!....if the holes are big enough you maybe able to use a cheap LED flashlight,Or two, Or a small bike LED light and just epoxy them to the back and add a switch......hope that made sense?
Thanks!

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Made some progress on the headlight. Sorry but this was the only pic that was usable. Basically, once I cut the leads off and pulled the filament arms out, the holes left were pretty large. Large enough in fact, the bulbs from a string of Christmas lights fit in them! So, now I've got to find some LEDs, a switch and a battery holder, I think (never did this before). :mrgreen:
DSCF2376.jpg

Cheers!
Dr. T

Thats lucky... no drilling required! Fantastic... Check radio shack... thats where i get all my goodies!

Ok guys after tomorrow I got a week off so the bike will probably be done soon after thanksgiving. If we could get that front tire for sale that would be great. Dr.t should be bringing parts over that are ready to put on the bike and the headbadge is on it's way so stay tuned.

Remember my offer...If you need the fork bent "more", send it back to me and I'll send it back to you the same day I get it.

Thanks KOTA, we'll see once the new front tire is mounted. I went over to Double Nickle's tonight, he wasn't available, but I worked with his grandfather 'DonOne' on the headlight mounting.
So, here's a couple of shots with a 24 x 2.125 knobby on the front:
IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

With the headlight mocked up:
IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

It's hard to see from the crappy cell phone pics, but the light barely clears the tire. I think the 24 x 1.75 I that's coming will be perfect (as many of you thought). One thing I didn't take pics of was the the bracket we fabbed to push the light a little further from the head tube. With that awesome headbadge coming from jesusjonz, we had to put some space between them.
Hope you enjoy...

Cheers!
Dr. T

Double Nickle and DR. T
Thanks again for all your hard work!
I think the light looks great! a bracket that pushes it out more is a great idea!
looking forward to seeing all the progress in the next week or so! :mrgreen:

That is sooo CQQL!
Mucho improvement with that smaller frontwheel. It has good proportions now. I can imagine with a whitewall in the rear it can only get better. All that blackness makes it look smaller. Do you have any pics with the 24" in the front and the 26" you've had earlier on the bike in the rear? Can't wait to see our RustRocket-headbadge on it...

I just realize...
You guys are building my dream-cruizer.
8)

Back