DOUBLE NICKLE and DR.T's AUCTION RAT!( pics pics pics!!!!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DOUBLE NICKLE and DR.T's AUCTION RAT!(New Pics!!!!!11/13)

herr_rudolf said:
That is sooo CQQL!
Mucho improvement with that smaller frontwheel. It has good proportions now. I can imagine with a whitewall in the rear it can only get better. All that blackness makes it look smaller. Do you have any pics with the 24" in the front and the 26" you've had earlier on the bike in the rear? Can't wait to see our RustRocket-headbadge on it...

I just realize...
You guys are building my dream-cruizer.
8)
I can't wait either for that Thick Brick too. The last tracking info has it arriving on Monday..please...please...
I'll see if DN can throw the 26 back on for giggles. I may try to paint the rims to match the frame, like the drawing. We'll see if time is on our side for that.

Do you guys think it would be a good idea? The rear rim is anodized black in the center and raw alloy on the sides, so paint should stick well. The front is a nice shiny chrome hoop, it would take a little extra for the paint to cling... :roll:

Went to Radio Shack last night for LEDs, man they want a lot for the 5mm! I found some 10mm ones, they were a LOT cheaper, but they won't fit the holes in the rear of the light. I'm not trying to sound cheap, I'm just kinda frugal, ya know? I found a string of 30 LED Christmas lights on eBay that run on AA batteries SUPER cheap, I could 'chop' them up EASILY. Problem is, the seller is in Hong Kong and delivery would take almost a month! I'm gonna go back and search for a US-based seller.
Wish me luck! In any event, we'll mount the light, working or not, for the 'beauty' shots! :roll:

Cheers!
Dr. T

Yeah that headlight does look great but we have to leave room for that headbadge up there. And sure ll through that other Pic up for giggles, let me just take a quick trip over to photobucket :wink:

100_3724.jpg

100_3725.jpg

100_3726.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

Re: DOUBLE NICKLE and DR.T's AUCTION RAT!(With Kustom Rack!!!)

Ow... I meant a 26" REAR wheel... This one you had earlier on:

Double Nickle said:
PICTURE AND PROGRESS UPDATE
Bike with wheel to show what the rack looks like on the bike
100_3718.jpg

Close up of rack

I really wanna see how that would looked with the 24" Kota sent in the front. I really think that would be awesome. Please? Just for giggles? ;-) And....do I see a matching knobby threadprofile?

Anyway, Whatever is gonna be chosen... This bike will turn out cool!

Re: DOUBLE NICKLE and DR.T's AUCTION RAT!(Even Newer pics!11/20)

The tread on that 26" isn't a knobby, can't really explain the tread, kind has an old street bike tread, not right for a 'hot rod'.
I think I got the light figured out, hopefully. The outside is stripped and repainted/polished. Gonna go try and layout the masking decal for the chainguard now... The brand new front tire should be here on Wednesday, rear on Monday...so a roller by Thanksgiving weekend! Maybe....

Cheers!
Dr. T

Chainguard painted! herr_rudolf, that masking decal was AWESOME! When you get time, could you create a thread on how you made it?
Anyway, all masked up:
8234a977.jpg

And painted, I'm REALLY happy with way it came out, pics don't show how crisp the lines came out, it looks like a decal itself!
ac953265.jpg

Closeups:
31315c45.jpg

3a7ad0d1.jpg

WOOOOO!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Cheers!
Dr. T

That IS looking crispy clean!
8) :mrgreen: 8)

Dr. Tankenstein said:
The tread on that 26" isn't a knobby, can't really explain the tread, kind has an old street bike tread, not right for a 'hot rod'.

Ah, but details are irrelevant for an overall-shot. As I said just for giggles. If there is a possibility (and time and energy) I think it would really be helpfull to take pics of all the tire-combos. But I can understand you don't want to risk damaging the paint by trying when you allready decided the 26" won't be used in the back. Also, I think my photoshopped photo of Kota's bike allready shows how good that 26"rear/24"front combo could look.
I think that's my favorite.

Cheers guys!

Went to Radio Shack last night for LEDs, man they want a lot for the 5mm! I found some 10mm ones, they were a LOT cheaper, but they won't fit the holes in the rear of the light. I'm not trying to sound cheap, I'm just kinda frugal, ya know? I found a string of 30 LED Christmas lights on eBay that run on AA batteries SUPER cheap, I could 'chop' them up EASILY. Problem is, the seller is in Hong Kong and delivery would take almost a month! I'm gonna go back and search for a US-based seller.

Dr T do you have the numbers for what you need from Radio Shack? If you send them to me I'll get the stuff for the light. Probably a battery holder switch leds and the holders for them?? Just let me know what you need.
Terry

Got the front tire today! The headlight and chainguard are already packed and in the car. Let me know when you want to get together and knock this puppy out!

Really good job guy's :wink: Wish I could have donated my grips :cry: Oh well, too late :roll:

Yep, hit the trim ring with some aircraft stripper, sanded the 'scale' off with some 220, then polished it with a wire wheel, finished it off with some 000000 steel wool, then clear coat. It's smoooooth.
Lights are now 'warm white' LEDs, I thought they looked more like the color of an old bulb than the typical 'blue-white' color of LEDs.

Cheers!
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Yep, hit the trim ring with some aircraft stripper, sanded the 'scale' off with some 220, then polished it with a wire wheel, finished it off with some 000000 steel wool, then clear coat. It's smoooooth.
Lights are now 'warm white' LEDs, I thought they looked more like the color of an old bulb than the typical 'blue-white' color of LEDs.

Cheers!
Dr. T
Great ideas...looks great! :wink:

DR.T,
If you want to get together Friday night thats fine with me :?:

Latest posts

Back