DOUBLE NICKLE and DR.T's AUCTION RAT!( pics pics pics!!!!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DOUBLE NICKLE and DR.T's AUCTION RAT!(With Kustom Rack!!!)

rustrocket_badge_3.jpg

Hey guys,
The last couple of weeks Terry (of Jezusjonz headbadge-fame ;-) and I have been working on a custom designed headbadge for the auction rat. Terry contacted me because I did the original design of the RRB-shirt the auction rat is loosely based upon. I came up with this design using the original lettering and at the same time tried to get the look of an 'official' badge. Terry had been teasing me for several days with sneakpeeks from the different stages in the process. And tonight, as I was corresponding with Dr. T. I recieved another headbadge photo from Terry. He still has to clearcoat it but we can't hold it to ourselves anymore. So here it is.

Terry said the pic isn't his his best so let's hope he can find the time to make a good shot of it. I've posted a sneakpeek from an in-between stage were you can see much more of how the metal looks in daylight.

I think it came out more than great. Hope you guys like it as much as we do.
Cheers guys!

...and hats off to all of the participants.
Thanks for making all of this possible!

Re: DOUBLE NICKLE and DR.T's AUCTION RAT!(New Pics & Progress)

Are you kidding me!!! That headbadge is AWESOME!!!
WOW Terry, I can't thank you enough. Can you tell I'm getting amp'd about this bike?

Cheers!
Dr. T

WOW man that headbadge is tops ....this thing is gonna b so freakin sweet ....i cant wait till its all done !!!! mike

I'll send you a fork........and a 24 in tire, rim combo.... Let me know if you still NEED it.

KOTA said:
I'll send you a fork........and a 24 in tire, rim combo.... Let me know if you still NEED it.
Wow hats of to you for that head badge. You have some real talent. Also we have the back wheel and tire covered. We are now on the look for forks and front wheel and tire.If that's what you are talking about donating that then yes we are in need.

Bike is looking to good to pass up being part of this project. Been busy, haven't kept up with it. I just have to "tweak" the fork a little more.

the grips look good on there. I was wondering if were you going to auction it here on this site? Or somewhere else? just curious

Would not be a proper Rat without a "KOTA Fork". Looking good.

Any bets on what its gonna go fer? When do ya'll suppose it be done?

Do you think this'll work? That's a 24in rim, with a bent fork. It will dop the front CONSIDERABLY. Pedals should still clear the ground. I left a space at the top to mount the headlight. Let me know if this is what you want before I mail it.

001-20.jpg

KOTA said:
Do you think this'll work? That's a 24in rim, with a bent fork. It will dop the front CONSIDERABLY. Pedals should still clear the ground. I left a space at the top to mount the headlight. Let me know if this is what you want before I mail it.

001-20.jpg

That will be perfect AND they're the right color already! We are running a set of 5" cranks on it now. hopefully, they won't scrape TOO badly.. :roll: :wink:

scrumblero said:
KOTA said:
I left a space at the top to mount the headlight.

do you have lights for it yet?

Not yet, whatcha thinking?

The forks will have to be prepped and re-primered. :wink: .....The 5 inch cranks will NOT scrape (I promise :roll: )

I got this little visored bullet at the stockton show, it's 1 1\2 x 2 long, I could LED it up for the axle nut? :roll:

IMG_20101017_165804-1.jpg

Back