DOUBLE NICKLE and DR.T's AUCTION RAT!( pics pics pics!!!!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DOUBLE NICKLE and DR.T's AUCTION RAT!(New Pics & Progress)

KOTA said:
Do you think this'll work? That's a 24in rim, with a bent fork. It will dop the front CONSIDERABLY. Pedals should still clear the ground. I left a space at the top to mount the headlight. Let me know if this is what you want before I mail it.

001-20.jpg

You guys better MAKE this work!! :wink:

That fork is gonna be awesome on the bike... After seeing that cool but extremely LOW homemade rack, I realize that in order for the bike to 'work' visually the frontend should be as low as possible. To achieve the main looks of the original design the rear, including the rack has to at least sit level or preferably have a nice little kick up towards the back.

I know people already donated some stuff but I wonder how a 26" in the rear'll look like...

Anyway, this bike is going to be awesome!

We were focusing so much on the inspiration drawing that we didn't even think about a tail light! That would be cool AND fit the whole 'Hot Rod' look. Would it run on LEDs and a battery or generator? If batteries, we'll DEFINITELY take it!

I'll PM you my mailing address.

Thanks bro!
Dr. T

herr_rudolf said:
You guys better MAKE this work!! :wink:

That fork is gonna be awesome on the bike... After seeing that cool but extremely LOW homemade rack, I realize that in order for the bike to 'work' visually the frontend should be as low as possible. To achieve the main looks of the original design the rear, including the rack has to at least sit level or preferably have a nice little kick up towards the back.

I know people already donated some stuff but I wonder how a 26" in the rear'll look like...

Anyway, this bike is going to be awesome!

We threw a 26 x 2.125 on it (in the photos), it looks OK, but a 24 x 3....awesome. It will be the same/similar height to a 26", but HUGE (keeps that cartoonish look going too!)

pvwacko said:
24" coaster wheel and Fatti O 24x3 tire are on their way tomorrow morning. Looking great guys! I may have to buy it back :D :roll:

Thanks dude! I'm definitely bidding on it!

yeah, it's definately going to look mighty fine!
jut saying I was a bit worried the lowness of the rack will make it more of a 'taildragger' custom than a kick-in-the b*tt hotrod. If you catch my drift. But you guys have the real thing to look at. I see only pics ofcourse... :wink:

But really, you can't go wrong with all these great parts being made, build, and donated by the most generous people on RRB. 8)

Dr. Tankenstein said:
We were focusing so much on the inspiration drawing that we didn't even think about a tail light! That would be cool AND fit the whole 'Hot Rod' look. Would it run on LEDs and a battery or generator? If batteries, we'll DEFINITELY take it!

Thanks bro!
Dr. T

ya it will run on 3 button batteries,, I'll get it swapped to LED and in the mail as soon as I get a chance...

theres a sick old hanheld camera flash at the thrift store.. i have been eyein it for a headlight but didnt have anything to put it on, I'll see if its still there, it had a sweet lens with a chrome ring and painted housing..

garagegoon said:
Any bets on what its gonna go fer? When do ya'll suppose it be done?

We're shooting for December 1st, to make it into the photo contest!
As far as how much it'll go for? I'm thinking.... :wink:
OneMillionDollars.jpg

I have a couple bux saved up to blow on a worthy cause..... :shock:
Good luck to anyone bidding against me...

sack-o-money.gif

rrb_chainguard_type.jpg

rusty_maskingdecal_1.jpg

rusty_maskingdecal_2.jpg

Btw, I cut out the masking decals for the chainguard. And they are on their way to the U S of A!

As you can see I cut the whole decal in two, so before you start tape the two parts together! :wink:
The purple tape is aplicationtape that you''ll have to carefully remove after you've possitioned the decal on the right place.
Look carefully if the 'negative spaces' of some of the letters (R-R-O-D) are transferred to the chainguard.
Then tape of the rest of the guard and start carefully dustspraying the mask. You don't want too much paint build-up at the edges of the letters...

You could spray the guard like the pic above, but bare metal with red primer letters would also look cool.
You decide...

I also included some merchandise that I designed for the lucky bstrd that 'wins' this bike. Nothing much, just some buttons, an iron-on patch, a keychain, a (german) kustom-bike magazine (featuring me!), and last but not least an RRB Built not bought!-sticker. I've also included two extra magazines for Dr. T and Double Nickle for all of the hard work and starting this project.
Cheers guys!

I got off early so I got the tail light done..the only stainless I had was kinda boogered, but if you don't like the bracket toss it..
do you have a headlight? if so I'll get this thing in the mail... :roll:

IMG_20101105_124752.jpg

Front combo ...SENT

KOTA said:
Front combo ...SENT
Gracias!

scrumblero said:
I got off early so I got the tail light done..the only stainless I had was kinda boogered, but if you don't like the bracket toss it..
do you have a headlight? if so I'll get this thing in the mail... :roll:

IMG_20101105_124752.jpg

Dude,
That bracket looks good to me, thanks a bunch!
No headlight yet, was thinking about one of the Wally world utility lights, but that one you mentioned before sounds interesting.

OK!! i'll hop on the racer and go see if they still got it!..

well, it was gone.. thats what i get for going with the missus.. :x

however I will be going to the SF bike expo tomorrow and the flea fair on sunday, so I'll keep a sharp eye out for a good candidate...

What other parts are needed.... What ya need me to send?

Dr. Tankenstein said:

Thanks bro!
Dr. T

OK I need an address to ship this tail light to... :roll:

Back