"Fixing" Up the Dynasty-New car possible?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "Fixing" Up the dynasty.-Parts Car Pictures

It sounds like air brakes on a semi when it opens.

Re: "Fixing" Up the dynasty Speaker Problems

Rebuilding my doors right now. Theres a few tips online, so I figured I might as well follow those. When I figure out of the problems.
Going to re-plastic them and everything.

Dad just kind of ripped it off, and broke parts(that I already replaced) along the way.

98b94676.jpg

287bb18e.jpg

0d172438.jpg

Screws dont line up with aftermarket speakers. Twice as worse with REAL speakers...I've got some audiobahns.

Lube up the window tracks as long as ya got the doors appart.

MagicRat said:
Lube up the window tracks as long as ya got the doors appart.

That is on my list of to do!

Got a muffler on today.
They replaced the muffler on warranty, and replaced the pipes.

d851198d.jpg

2e6ae2ce.jpg

Quieter than the first time I got one.

Kenjifujima said:
Without all of the lights and hood scoops...
What about them?
They look rediculously terrible? Yeah, I know.

I suppose the hood scoop is Working in his case. But I do have to agree with the fog lights. The dynasty headlights are very weak. I spent a premium to get the best lights at the local auto zone. They Are still weak, better than what I had and I constant use de-fog compound weekly.

I had thought about putting fogs on my car but can't figure out a cool way to hide them. Thought I could lower them electronically, like rip the system out of a car with light covers or pop up lights.

Re: "Fixing" Up the dynasty No current Parts Car.

The guy who had the parts car never got back to me. I called him on a couple phones and nothing. The ad is still on CL.

More holes in the passenger seat.
479a2318.jpg

Anyone know where I can get seat covers that are form fitting? Not for bucket seats...Split bench that will wrap on the seat...
Spanish/mexican blanket is OK. Hahaha...

Also thinking of switching to Synthetic Oil, whatever brand is on sale. I hear it cleans the car out, fixes leaks....but ill probably need some lucas or whatever. There is a small leak, but its from the plug, its stripped.

Talk me in-or out of it!

TheFlyingDingo said:
Anyone know where I can get seat covers that are form fitting? Not for bucket seats...Split bench that will wrap on the seat...
Spanish/mexican blanket is OK. Hahaha...

I just covered the seats in my car with a few searapes / mexican blankets. I found some cheap $20 blankets on ebay and tucked them in then used some of those black office file folder clips to hold it around the edges of the seats. It definentely looks cool but every few days I have to retuck them in. :?

I am a bit too lazy for that. Haha. I'm sure it looks killer on your car. I just need something to cover the seats until I get new better ones. Something fun.

But these vehicles at work make me appreciate my car hardcore. Each car is a work in progress. A little Dakota that devours oil, and the speedo is off, a jimmy which I don't even want to talk about. And an explorer, which I am currently sitting in on the side of the road waiting for a mechanic to swap out a tire. I'd do it myself, but the spare is the flat tire, there's no jack and no extra tire.

My car is gold(literally and figuratively) when I drive these.

Im just going to kind of rant here. The mechanic got here, he can't do anything. The jack he had wasn't large enough to bring the car up. No jack in the car. Yay.

Also, when I loosened the lug nuts, they were already loose. That makes me feel fantastic.

You better check the rest of those lug nuts NOW!

I just use bath towels the color of my interior on my cars.

I use t-shirts or sweat shirts for the seat backs.

JCWhitney has seat covers

Is the drain plug stripped or just the plastic gasket leaking?

Somebody sells an oversize oil drain plug (common problem) any good auto parts store should have them in stock.

Re: "Fixing" Up the dynasty Parts Car Again?

Working on small details to appease myself.
The chrome trim on the front bumper has ticked me off for a while. Actually, all of the trim. SO i figured I'd cut off the cracked pieces and the yellowed pieces.
Before-
91e75087.jpg

Terrible...Moldy, yellowed.
637c0b64.jpg

After
dcd5c0a3.jpg

Of cours this is not what I wanted to do, But it looks 1000X better than what it was. I'm thinking of taping it off and painting it silver.
but I Bet my dad wont want me to.

The crack in the rear bumper is getting bigger, my dad backed it into a ditch, and blamed me? How cool is that?

I'm going to lace zip-ties on it. I'm getting a new bumper soon. So, Oh well.

Filthy:
3d1a8cbe.jpg

Back