Harlequin T - FINI (or not)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm... why not go low with the steering, aka underneath your knees..? (Just thinkin' out loud)
The recumbents with 3 wheels seem to do fine like that but... how do I put my foot down to balance at a stop if my legs are thru the bars? Plus there's a "look" I'm after. I'm not sure what it is because I want it to be different... another reason I love the feedback, it keeps the gears spinning in my head.

Carl.

Harlequin T2.jpg

T-Bucket steering?

Carl.

Last edited:
Carl, an ape hanger upside down, from under neath . So the handlebar ends come up by the sides of your saddle / seat. Like the under seat steering of the recumbants....??? might be cool??

Carl, an ape hanger upside down, from under neath . So the handlebar ends come up by the sides of your saddle / seat. Like the under seat steering of the recumbants....??? might be cool??
+1:thumbsup:

Maybe a kind of apehanger would do the trick....
6aa1a3d73791df4a3f839cf54fd07868.jpg
Probably work well and solve most of my problems except I don't want to be mistaken for a recumbent. o_O and we've seen that before. I'm cutting this thing up to make it crazy. I wanna be so far out of the box that it makes people smile and point...

Carl

Oh...they'll be pointing alright...:21:

Actually, that vertical steer tube with the wheel on top is pretty cool. You just have to wear a stove pipe hat while driving it and sing Leon Russell tunes...!

Change of plans
Watching YouTube on TV and I saw this.
d71e112d718df1457c07b9cec9ae26ac.jpg

That's what we all need.

Sent from my N817 using Tapatalk
Must have pedals... rats!
I did save it into my ideas folder.

Carl.:eek:

Last edited:
Here's the umpteenth version...
Harlequin T3.jpg

clears my knees, matches the frame angles, clears the chainline and tank, gets it a little farther off my chest...

ⒸⒶⓇⓁ

Last edited:
View attachment 42423
clears my knees, matches the frame angles, clears the chainline and tank, gets it a little farther off my chest...

Carl.

Now you're getting there :41:

That's looking pretty good to me... minus the hamster and weed wacker :rolleyes:

Very T buckety...

Glen.

View attachment 42423

Carl.

And hey, bonus, the complicated chain line puts it back into burrito territory. :)

And hey, bonus, the complicated chain line puts it back into burrito territory. :)
yeah I gotta get that chain under me somehow...
and I don't mind the label even if I do stretch the rules a bit and clean up the finish. I think welding in the new BB is the first hurdle I'll be jumping as soon as I get my workspace back.

Carl.

Wow some how missed this HEAD BANG . That was a lot of catching up . Wild idea I take a XL Brito with a steering wheel & extra jalapeños . This thing is going to be caliente XL burrito !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 42423

ⒸⒶⓇⓁ
I'm pretty sure I saw one just like this at Walmart.
You need to come up with something a little more original if you want it to stand out.:wink1:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back