Harlequin T - FINI (or not)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to work on my bike so bad...
But I don't have the woodworking done yet,
so my garage/shop is tied up.
paint.net is my only option to tweak details.
Harlequin T4.jpg

So now I'm looking for a 16" or bigger deep dish steering wheel. I'm going to Wal-Mars in the morning. o_O

Carl.

Woodwork is out of my garage.
Ordered some used balloon fenders.
Getting on this thing soon.
Planning on welding in the new BB
and stretching the chain stays.

Carl.

Last edited:
Soon Obi-Wan,
the student will attempt to please the master.
Itching I am, to get to buildin'!

Carl.

As long as this frame is in the house I might as well start on some of the little details. The frame is satin black now. So I'll pair that with some 8 ga. copper wire twists and I'm thinking of a bit of the old rattle can gold webbing on the area around the tank.
FYI they have that stuff at Hobby Lobby...
KIMG0357.JPG

Guitarl.

sent from a banana phone...

Last edited:
As long as this frame is in the house I might as well start on some of the little details. The frame is satin black now. So I'll pair that with some 8 ga. copper wire twists and I'm thinking of a bit of the old rattle can gold webbing on the area around the tank.
FYI they have that stuff at Hobby Lobby...
View attachment 42913

Guitarl.

I like that touch simple but effective, looks great against the black almost steampunkish, like your new name too, Guitarl!

I like the twists Carl!
Thanks!
I like that touch simple but effective, looks great against the black almost steampunkish, like your new name too, Guitarl!
The 8 gauge wire is nice and thick too. On some of the smaller tubing I will use 12 gauge copper and it should match up well. Steampunk is a fav!
epipho.jpg

Guitarl.

Last edited:
Love a touch of steampunk! Bike is Looking good Carl! [emoji106]
Thanks brother! It's mostly dreaming in cartoons right now. Hopefully when reality sets in, the visions will be fully realized.

Carl.

I totally understand! For me, it sometimes takes a frame a while to tell you what it wants to become.
Time and space...haha. Especially space here in the winter it's just cold in the garage, and I've been building a bar for a client. Now the bar is in my dining room getting the clear coat cuz it's too cold in the shop/garage for polyurethane. BUT, the shop is empty now and after a little clean up and rearranging I can get on the frame mods. Now I can get the frame off of my living room coffee table and on to my frame jig...

Carl.

Mom asks when is she going to move to my sister's. I tell her I'll never make her go, but she say's she wants to so maybe soon I'll be back in the house I grew up in. We're all in the same area so it's no big move. There's a lot more space at Mom's and I'll be able to remodel as much as I want, rather than living here on church property. I mostly look forward to a bigger garage and what used to be a back porch but is now indoors... an indoor shop. It's about 12 x 8 and I plan on mostly guitar work in there, but you know it will have bike parts in it too. especially in the winter. It leads directly into the old family room which was a 2 car garage that Dad and Grampa converted when I was maybe 9. So that's going to be the Studio/Jam room where I can finally set all my equipment up. (Drums, PA, 2 guitar rigs and a bass rig) Got a few friends anxious to work on a band. I'm also removing a wall between the kitchen and the living room in the front of the house. Gotta have the space to entertain. Family and friends all come to my house on the holidays. Guess I'm a good cook too. lol. So it's been over a year since my oldest son and I built a suite at my little sister's for Mom, but I just can't push her out as ready as I am for this all to happen. It's still her house so I'm hunkered down here in the parsonage...

Carl.

She'll move when she's ready, it sounds like she's close. Probably just doesn't want to feel like she's giving up, so trying to get you to give her the nudge.

We're all stubborn that way.

Chop Chop
KIMG0363.JPG
KIMG0364.JPG
KIMG0365.JPG

put 71/2" into the gap
KIMG0371.JPG
put a clamp on and pulled the chain stays up just a bit, securing it with a web belt
KIMG0372.JPG

I think I want just a couple more inches of clearance, this is a flexible frame and people in my family ain't small! So I'll probably take an inch or two out of the added pipe (it's not welded yet)

Guitarl. :eek:

Last edited:
Back